video bit rates

Leigh_2

Estimable
Sep 14, 2015
I have a media player on my Roku connected to my tv. I have started putting Movies & Shows all in MP4 format since it's the most popular format.

what is a good size
(Bit Rate/
Video BitRate/
Frame Rate
Audio BitRate

All video will be in MP4 and full screen

Solution
These are the official specs for blue ray movies,your personal taste(and ability to spot the difference) may vary and often depends on the quality of the hardware.
So there is no standard answer for you,experiment with different sizes movies untill you find the threshold of what to find to be acceptable.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray#Bit_rate
Bit rate[edit]
For users recording digital television programming, the recordable Blu-ray Disc standard's initial data rate of 36 Mbit/s is more than adequate to record high-definition broadcasts from any source (IPTV, cable/satellite, or terrestrial). BD Video movies have a maximum data transfer rate of 54 Mbit/s, a maximum AV bitrate of 48 Mbit/s (for both audio and video data), and a...

TerryLaze

Commendable
May 9, 2016
These are the official specs for blue ray movies,your personal taste(and ability to spot the difference) may vary and often depends on the quality of the hardware.
So there is no standard answer for you,experiment with different sizes movies untill you find the threshold of what to find to be acceptable.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray#Bit_rate
Bit rate[edit]
For users recording digital television programming, the recordable Blu-ray Disc standard's initial data rate of 36 Mbit/s is more than adequate to record high-definition broadcasts from any source (IPTV, cable/satellite, or terrestrial). BD Video movies have a maximum data transfer rate of 54 Mbit/s, a maximum AV bitrate of 48 Mbit/s (for both audio and video data), and a maximum video bit rate of 40 Mbit/s. This compares to HD DVD movies, which have a maximum data transfer rate of 36 Mbit/s, a maximum AV bitrate of 30.24 Mbit/s, and a maximum video bitrate of 29.4 Mbit/s.[149]

Solution