Status
Not open for further replies.

Chirag Borawake

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
Hey guys, needed your opinions for the best..!!

I am 'Industrial Designer', and I occasionally do some 3D renderings and animation.
At the present, I need a Video cutter, because I need a selected part of the movie to be seperated out.
Please Note this:
1- It should be free, because I cant afford to pay for an application just for video cutting.
2- It should not affect the quality of the video after cutting. (i.e. If i cut a part of a video of 1080p, the result video should be 1080p for sure..!!).

Thanks in advance.
Any other suggestions would be appreciated..!

ulillillia

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2011
Virtual Dub can do this and it's free, though it only outputs to AVI and has limited support for opening files). To split, choose "direct stream copy" for the video, mark the frames you want to keep then save the output. Do note that, if the first marked frame is not a key frame, the first frame in your output will be the closest preceding key frame. That is, if marking frames 2842 to 4218, frame 2842 is not a key frame, and frame 2794 was the last key frame (that is, no key frames are present from 2795 to 2842), the output will cover the span from 2794 to 4218 instead of 2842 to 4218. If you can't have it like that, you'll need to use either lossless compression or leave the video uncompressed.

doroty76

Honorable
Nov 25, 2012
in canada we say, you get what you pay for, if you go free you cannot expect always a high quality,
i know a free trial though, called:

Cut Video Tool from Moonvalleysoft (google for it since i do not want to post links)

It does not matter what format you have since that tool does not need to encode or decode, quite fast, price bargain, but go check it on your own since, as i said, there is a free demo

Status
Not open for further replies.