VIDEO: Duke Nukem 3D Meets Wiimote, N900

Status
Not open for further replies.

stridervm

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2008
Interesting. Is there any documentation on what software was used?

I'm still enjoying my NGage (LOL?) for Game Boy, Game Gear as well as Playing Doom. And then GBA, NES and Genesis on my E63. =P

Boxa786

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
The software used is maemo 5.

I cant wait to get this handset.

This is nokia's first move from symbian os, and nokia is first in the market to use maemo 5. Its had about 95% positive reviews from users, the remaining 5% are the unlucky few, which always happens to all handset manufacturers.

Google n900 and check the spec's, its a true mini computer, like recent tablets only handheld sized!

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
haha awesome duke 3D... i haven't seen that for about 10 years and remember it like it were yesterday as soon as i saw that opening seen. It would be really cool if Duke Forever was released.

As for this Wiimote setup with a phone... its awesome he got this running and this is possible but really i don't see a purpose for it. Turn on your laptop, PC, wii/Xbox/PS3 and play on a bigscreen. Now and again i play some simple games on my phone but for the most part it is just to burn time... If I wanted to play games seriously i would be in a proper location with the proper gear and a reasonable amount of time available to me.

Phone games are time burners, thats all. I just can't imagine me not turning on laptop or PC and playing game from phone instead... One day perhaps when phones have serious processing power, but until they can play "new" games i will stick with real hardware.

Still cool/neat this can be done.

ryanjm

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2007
^fail. Duke 3D is still the king of pure fun in shooters. If only 3drealms realized _why_ we like Duke. DNF didn't need the most amazing graphics or storyline, it just needed duke spouting one-liners, throwing dollars to strippers, and kicking some ass. That's all. And it would sell like hotcakes.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]ryanjm[/nom]^fail. Duke 3D is still the king of pure fun in shooters. If only 3drealms realized _why_ we like Duke. DNF didn't need the most amazing graphics or storyline, it just needed duke spouting one-liners, throwing dollars to strippers, and kicking some ass. That's all. And it would sell like hotcakes.[/citation]

Yeah, I would have settled for Duke kickin' ass and takin' names. :(

Boxa786

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
[citation][nom]grieve[/nom]OHH sry 1 more thing... But can it play Crysis?[/citation]

YES

[citation][nom]grieve[/nom]haha awesome duke 3D... i haven't seen that for about 10 years and remember it like it were yesterday as soon as i saw that opening seen. It would be really cool if Duke Forever was released.As for this Wiimote setup with a phone... its awesome he got this running and this is possible but really i don't see a purpose for it. Turn on your laptop, PC, wii/Xbox/PS3 and play on a bigscreen. Now and again i play some simple games on my phone but for the most part it is just to burn time... If I wanted to play games seriously i would be in a proper location with the proper gear and a reasonable amount of time available to me. Phone games are time burners, thats all. I just can't imagine me not turning on laptop or PC and playing game from phone instead... One day perhaps when phones have serious processing power, but until they can play "new" games i will stick with real hardware.Still cool/neat this can be done.[/citation]

It can be played on your TV or Monitor, simply use the phones TV out. Turns it into a portable console. With its 32gb internal and micro sd for additional 16gb, im sure you could easily put a couple thousand music files, couple hundred vid files and loadsa picture, with enough space remaining for a hundred or more old arcade/fps console games.

EG, load shinobi, sonic, mario, duke, wolf 3d etc etc etc, wow even all your street fighter classics. Use it as a handset and remember to pack a wii mote, plus tv out cable, you could play anywhere!

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]Boxa786[/nom]YESIt can be played on your TV or Monitor, simply use the phones TV out. Turns it into a portable console. With its 32gb internal and micro sd for additional 16gb, im sure you could easily put a couple thousand music files, couple hundred vid files and loadsa picture, with enough space remaining for a hundred or more old arcade/fps console games.EG, load shinobi, sonic, mario, duke, wolf 3d etc etc etc, wow even all your street fighter classics. Use it as a handset and remember to pack a wii mote, plus tv out cable, you could play anywhere![/citation]

I understand, i read the article. My PS3, PC and Wii also do this except they do it with a lot more power and games that were made yesterday, not in 1900's.

Im not saying this isnt a cool item, it really is, i just could never see a purpose for it in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.