Video File Size Limit?

Georgia Evans

Honorable
Mar 31, 2013
I just purchased a wireless camcorder - HP T450. It came with WiVideo software which has been installed on my Win7, Vista and XP computers. When I attempt to record live video to my PC - any PC - it stops recording at 100MB. If I record to a SDcard within the camera I am able to record up to 4 GB which I understand is the file size limit for the FAT file system on SDcards. I would love to hear any ideas on this files size limit problem. Thanks

nukemaster

Distinguished
The 4 gigabyte thing is a limit for the file system for sure. NTFS would go farther, but is only generally used on Windows(so dont bother changing the format[file system] of the card.).

The 100megabyes part is very strange. Does the program have any kind of options? Maybe it is limiting the video size for video upload to youtube or similar?

Georgia Evans

Honorable
Mar 31, 2013

Thanks for your interest. The software "WiVideo" is somewhat a mystery. I can find no info on the net about it and there are no help files. The settings menu only allows you to designate a folder for the file. I have started thinking about encoders and decoders and I know very little about them. The PC's which I have used the software on are standard MS windows install so whatever codecs I have are "standard". I have even thought about trying to find another piece of software which will recognize the wireless camera and allow a download to the PC.