video lag using hdmi from laptop to receiver to tv

gauravdikshit21

Prominent
Jul 10, 2017
Hi! I have connected my HP Sepctre laptop to Onkyo RZ710 for playing mkv files (dts ma/truehd) using power dvd 17. The video plays fine on the laptop, however, i see noticeable lag on the tv screen (every 5-10 seconds). If the laptop is connected directly to tv, the video plays fine, but in this case, the audio gets compressed and i do not get dts hd ma over arc :( Can you please suggest a workaround or settings that may help me getting lag-free video + bitstream audio. Thank you in advance!

Solution
Buy a cheap wireless keyboard and mouse. Leave your laptop's HDMI plugged into your TV while watching TV. This way you can control your laptop from a distance. Trying to transfer that much bandwidth lag free may be difficult to cost wise unreasonable.
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Keyboard: Logitech - Wireless Combo MK270 Wireless Standard Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($21.34 @ Amazon)
Total: $21.34
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-10 01:29 EDT-0400

elbert

Distinguished
Buy a cheap wireless keyboard and mouse. Leave your laptop's HDMI plugged into your TV while watching TV. This way you can control your laptop from a distance. Trying to transfer that much bandwidth lag free may be difficult to cost wise unreasonable.
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Keyboard: Logitech - Wireless Combo MK270 Wireless Standard Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($21.34 @ Amazon)
Total: $21.34
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-07-10 01:29 EDT-0400

Solution