VIDEO: Parts of Avengers Movie Shot with iPhone 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wish I Was Wealthy

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
No wonder the footage does not look any good, he had to use the iPhone 4's camera. I think I'll use a cheaper smart phone like HTC & it'll give me the same view. After all HTC's are cheaper than Apple's iPhone 4.

xerroz

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
Sounds more like a publicity stunt for Apple to me. Now the sheep are gonna think the whole movie was shot using a crapPhone 4S and are gonna rush to the store and buy it. Seriously that's literally what they'll think and do

Cons29

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
cheapest option? come on, you are making a freakin movie, cheapest option my *ss.

pure marketing BS, i wouldnt be surprised if we see an iphone or apple product in this movie.

blubbey

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
I think I noticed some shots weren't as clear, colours were a little faded (they weren't as bright or as vibrant as some others). Pretty sure there are better purpose built video cameras on the market for less though.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
Somehow I doubt this movies budget was so low that they HAD to use a phone camera to film it, this is obviously a publicity stunt either paid for by Apple or done by this director to get some brownie points with Apple.

SoiledBottom

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2006
The Avengers :

The Incredible Hulk, Iron man, Thor, Captain America and others combine all there powers to help save the planet earth from Steve Jobs and his evil apple empire

jimsocks

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010
its probably the street scenes.
but i agree pure marketing. shooting a 100million dollar movie, and can't afford a camera, thats BS.

DroKing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
I agree with people who say this is publicity stunt ^_^ No way such high budget movie would use a freakin Iphone for no reason unless Apple be breastfeeding them with some free goodys then yeah.

lp231

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2006
If it's shot with a Android, no one will give a f*ck that day.
Toms should have filters, so I won't have to read about these Apple bulls*ht!

hetneo

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
[citation][nom]blubbey[/nom]I think I noticed some shots weren't as clear, colours were a little faded (they weren't as bright or as vibrant as some others). Pretty sure there are better purpose built video cameras on the market for less though.[/citation]
Nah, that's diff in light you see,better hunt 4-5 sequences that are very "shakey". Post production can do wonders with color and light and overall picture quality, but movement of camera is what gives clues. My guess is that they have used it just for this reason, all other cameras they had were too heavy and thus rather stable when shot free hand.

hetneo

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
[citation][nom]Camikazi[/nom]Somehow I doubt this movies budget was so low that they HAD to use a phone camera to film it, this is obviously a publicity stunt either paid for by Apple or done by this director to get some brownie points with Apple.[/citation]
Brownie? I disagree, would rather call them greenie, unless US started printing dollars with brown color ;)

Riv4L

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
Could Tom's have a mirror like Engadget that hides all their crApple stories? Otherwise, like Applemodo I will strike Tom's off my "trusted tech-site" list.

I wonder how much Apple paid Jane and other "reporters" on Tom's to pump their stories, it didn't used to be this bad. Mainly since the iPhone 4.

G

With all the post production done in that movie you could have shot it with a hand-crank 16mm video camera and it wouldn't look much different. I bet the camera crew was thrilled when they were told to put down their REDs and use a sheephone. lol

jecastej

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2006
[citation][nom]lp231[/nom]If it's shot with a Android, no one will give a f*ck that day.Toms should have filters, so I won't have to read about these Apple bulls*ht![/citation]

Yeah, imagine a professional site where the worried directors ask the readers what should they publish before they publish it. If the readers are happy with the news or headlines, or if something Apple happens in the tech world the readers will be sure they wont find it there because its "Apple related". Imagine: "We apologize to our wise Apple-intolerant readers because some of them found the content Apple implied".

I ask myself, if that becomes a reality what will be the next step and the steps beyond that...

You know, there are countries in the world today where the government thinks they are "responsible" to "filter" the content for the people. And I can think of one big country where another big company responsible for Android is banned. Is that justified?

Status
Not open for further replies.