Video playback choppy everywhere, but on youtube?

Dreawyn

Honorable
May 23, 2013
Hello!

Recently I have noticed that my video playback is awfully slow and out of sync, the video seems to have huge FPS issues as if it was low, but the voices work fine. Simple motion such as walking in videos doesn't seem natural at all, but more like there are too many steps, as if frames that are not supposed to be noticed are to be seen.

This issue does not happen when I play videos DIRECTLY on youtube, however if some sit like facebook has a link to a youtube video it again seems slow and out of place.

Tried to uninstall and reinstall browser/adobe flash player, hasn't helped so far.

Using Comodo dragon browser.

Solution
Then it's probably something to do with the browser's compatibility with those sites. Hadn't heard of it before, although it's possible that something happened in the port from Chrome.

You may want to submit a bug report to the programmers, in case they're not aware of it.

spdragoo

Distinguished
Herald
Oct 17, 2011
I wouldn't worry about it. I wouldn't expect video playback to be 100% clear when viewing via a third-party (i.e. watching a YouTube-hosted video on Facebook), especially since you said that the video hosting site itself doesn't have any problems.

Dreawyn

Honorable
May 23, 2013
Thing is, this happens on other sites too. Like lets say I watch a video from some other site that hosts videos, it still won't work.

However using a different browser did it, for some reason.

spdragoo

Distinguished
Herald
Oct 17, 2011
Then it's probably something to do with the browser's compatibility with those sites. Hadn't heard of it before, although it's possible that something happened in the port from Chrome.

You may want to submit a bug report to the programmers, in case they're not aware of it.

Solution

John Ferenz

Estimable
May 23, 2014
I'm done with Comodo Dragon. For a long time I put up with the "update" B.S. where it wouldn't update unless I did it manually, and now with the latest update it plays videos with dropped frames on every site. They stutter and look awful. Even flash animations play slowly. Everything plays fine on different browsers.

Dragon has gone downhill. I don't think its "security" measures are worth anything anyway. Adblock doesn't even work fully with Dragon like it does with Firefox. I always use two browsers, Firefox and a different one, and that different one is no longer going to be Dragon. Maybe Opera instead, always liked it.