Video Player: PotPlayer or MPC-HC

Curious User

Estimable
May 1, 2014
Hello Everyone!

I understand that this forum site is all about hardwares. But my question is about software, so I apologize. But I'm sure a lot of you knows how to setup Video Player + LAV Filter + MadVR.

So my question is: What is the best video player to use for this setup? Potplayer or MPC-HC?

I've been using Potplayer for years and I'm satisfied by the result using only Built-in settings and EVR-CP. Until I'm introduced to LAV and MadVR.

I've tried setting them up with Potplayer and noticed better result; better video quality and sound but uses more GPU and CPU power (but I'm good with that), but whenever I search google for tutorials or settings tips, they all uses MPC-HC... Why is that? What are the big difference? Was there any advantages with one another?

I like using Potplayer because It's more user friendly than Media Player Classic (ex. [Tab] of Potplayer vs [Ctrl + J] of MPC-HC) and it's look better (ex.Logo and Skin)

Curious User

Estimable
May 1, 2014

Yes, I tried it before,, But you can't use LAV Filter (LAV Video Decoder + Audio Decoder) on VLC as well as the MadVR..
Although VLC is simple and great, it lacks features and advance configurations. And using LAV and MadVR lets you boost the quality of the video by unlocking the power of GPU.. like using CUDA for Nvidea or QuickSync for Intel GPUs..