Video Projector, very special requirement of

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.video.digital-tv (More info?)

This may be the wrong newsgroup - pls advise if I should post elsewhere.

I need a video projector - VGA resolution is fine - that I can (re)package
such that it will fit into a rectangle where the opening end is 3 1/2"
square!! In other words, the total must be a rectangular volume where the
end is a 3 1/2" square (lense end). Is this possible?

BTW, the rectangle that the required projector is to fit into (at one end)
will be something like a 4x4 that is 3 1/2' long. Optically, does anyone
know if I place a std projector at one end and with additional optics,
"send", project the image to the lense that is 3 1/2' away? In other words,
there would be a LONG throw between the projector's imaging device and its
final output lense. Feasible? Practical? The final throw, i.e. distance
between the lense and the screen is 8' (eight feet).

I don't know if newsgroups allow attachments; thus if someone has a thought
on this, please e-mail me and I will send a sketch noting what I have in
mind, what I need.

Thank You for wading through this message!

Regards,
Wayne
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.video.digital-tv (More info?)

"Wayne G. Dengel" <wgd.roaming@verizon.net> wrote in message
news:v750d.515$vR6.206@trnddc02...
>
>
> This may be the wrong newsgroup - pls advise if I should post elsewhere.
>
> I need a video projector - VGA resolution is fine - that I can (re)package
> such that it will fit into a rectangle where the opening end is 3 1/2"
> square!! In other words, the total must be a rectangular volume where the
> end is a 3 1/2" square (lense end). Is this possible?

Most projectors are bigger than this.

>
> BTW, the rectangle that the required projector is to fit into (at one end)
> will be something like a 4x4 that is 3 1/2' long. Optically, does anyone
> know if I place a std projector at one end and with additional optics,
> "send", project the image to the lense that is 3 1/2' away? In other
words,
> there would be a LONG throw between the projector's imaging device and its
> final output lense. Feasible? Practical? The final throw, i.e.
distance
> between the lense and the screen is 8' (eight feet).

This sounds a bit confused. The final lens in a video projector is normally
not more than 40 - 50mm - let us say 45mm. You don't say how big the screen
is, but assuming it than 600m square (2ft) or less then no optics are
required in the tube part.

>
> I don't know if newsgroups allow attachments; thus if someone has a
thought
> on this, please e-mail me and I will send a sketch noting what I have in
> mind, what I need.
>
> Thank You for wading through this message!
>
> Regards,
> Wayne
>
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.video.digital-tv (More info?)

Mr. Clayton:

How do I keep the image in focus throughout the tube part? From projector
to final lens?

The output, final image should be 2-3' square -or- 2' x 3' (in response to
projector aspect ratio).

If you permit me, I'll send you a PowerPoint or PDF sketch, your call.

Wayne



"R. Mark Clayton" <nospamclayton@btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:chrprv$2aq$1@sparta.btinternet.com...
>
> "Wayne G. Dengel" <wgd.roaming@verizon.net> wrote in message
> news:v750d.515$vR6.206@trnddc02...
> >
> >
> > This may be the wrong newsgroup - pls advise if I should post elsewhere.
> >
> > I need a video projector - VGA resolution is fine - that I can
(re)package
> > such that it will fit into a rectangle where the opening end is 3 1/2"
> > square!! In other words, the total must be a rectangular volume where
the
> > end is a 3 1/2" square (lense end). Is this possible?
>
> Most projectors are bigger than this.
>
> >
> > BTW, the rectangle that the required projector is to fit into (at one
end)
> > will be something like a 4x4 that is 3 1/2' long. Optically, does
anyone
> > know if I place a std projector at one end and with additional optics,
> > "send", project the image to the lense that is 3 1/2' away? In other
> words,
> > there would be a LONG throw between the projector's imaging device and
its
> > final output lense. Feasible? Practical? The final throw, i.e.
> distance
> > between the lense and the screen is 8' (eight feet).
>
> This sounds a bit confused. The final lens in a video projector is
normally
> not more than 40 - 50mm - let us say 45mm. You don't say how big the
screen
> is, but assuming it than 600m square (2ft) or less then no optics are
> required in the tube part.
>
> >
> > I don't know if newsgroups allow attachments; thus if someone has a
> thought
> > on this, please e-mail me and I will send a sketch noting what I have in
> > mind, what I need.
> >
> > Thank You for wading through this message!
> >
> > Regards,
> > Wayne
> >
> >
> >
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.video.digital-tv (More info?)

"Wayne G. Dengel" <wgd.roaming@verizon.net> wrote in message
news:Mlx0d.701$lX.456@trnddc04...
> Mr. Clayton:
>
> How do I keep the image in focus throughout the tube part? From projector
> to final lens?

What final lens?

>
> The output, final image should be 2-3' square -or- 2' x 3' (in response to
> projector aspect ratio).

A projector with a 45mm objective lens in the projector can throw a 1200mm
image at 2.4m through a tube 90mm long and 90mm wide, without additional
optics. Pretty basic trig'.

>
> If you permit me, I'll send you a PowerPoint or PDF sketch, your call.

PDF please.

>
> Wayne
>
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.video.digital-tv (More info?)

You may consider posting a description of WHY you want to do this. Maybe
others have ideas you have not thought of. Your current proposal is a
pretty tall order, but may be possible, I am not an optics guy.

--Dan

"Wayne G. Dengel" <wgd.roaming@verizon.net> wrote in message
news:v750d.515$vR6.206@trnddc02...
>
>
> This may be the wrong newsgroup - pls advise if I should post elsewhere.
>
> I need a video projector - VGA resolution is fine - that I can (re)package
> such that it will fit into a rectangle where the opening end is 3 1/2"
> square!! In other words, the total must be a rectangular volume where the
> end is a 3 1/2" square (lense end). Is this possible?
>
> BTW, the rectangle that the required projector is to fit into (at one end)
> will be something like a 4x4 that is 3 1/2' long. Optically, does anyone
> know if I place a std projector at one end and with additional optics,
> "send", project the image to the lense that is 3 1/2' away? In other
words,
> there would be a LONG throw between the projector's imaging device and its
> final output lense. Feasible? Practical? The final throw, i.e.
distance
> between the lense and the screen is 8' (eight feet).
>
> I don't know if newsgroups allow attachments; thus if someone has a
thought
> on this, please e-mail me and I will send a sketch noting what I have in
> mind, what I need.
>
> Thank You for wading through this message!
>
> Regards,
> Wayne
>
>
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.video.digital-tv (More info?)

"dg" <dan_gus@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:lOF1d.15484$QJ3.5891@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com...
> You may consider posting a description of WHY you want to do this. Maybe
> others have ideas you have not thought of. Your current proposal is a
> pretty tall order, but may be possible, I am not an optics guy.
>
> --Dan
>

I have had the benefit of a drawing. There are clearly intellectual
property rights in the material, so I won't describe it further.

IMHO the imaging required is possible, although it may require intermediate
indirect imaging to work. I just haven't got round to working it out
properly (plus I wasn't very good at this during my education apart from a
fluke practical exam).
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
P Streaming Video & TVs 2
R Streaming Video & TVs 4
N Streaming Video & TVs 15
C Streaming Video & TVs 2
P Streaming Video & TVs 2
C Streaming Video & TVs 2
P Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
H Streaming Video & TVs 2
B Streaming Video & TVs 2
I Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 3
R Streaming Video & TVs 16
M Streaming Video & TVs 4
G Streaming Video & TVs 5
J Streaming Video & TVs 2
S Streaming Video & TVs 6
G Streaming Video & TVs 1

ASK THE COMMUNITY