VIDEO: Walkthrough of MSFT's Windows Phone 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

xantek24

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2009
I'm enjoying froyo on my hd2 too much to care about anything windows mobile right now .....maybe....hmmm....wp7 and android dual boot!

smeker

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
Looks nice and smooth... absolutely better than Win Mobile 6.5
I just wonder what the battery life is like with all the widgets running on the home screen?....

santeana

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2003
Actually this thing looks way cooler than I would have imagined it. So now I'm torn between a droid and this thing.
Oh and, Rule 31 on the coffee chick.

Euphoria_MK

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
Ugh he got screwed on the Bing Maps, didnt load fast, and then he switched to WiFi and it still took forever so he jsut turned off the maps app...

A but embarrassing....

subgum

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
Looks like it'll come down to the apps just like it has with the current platforms. But there's a potential there that leaves me excited to see what comes from it.

Sicundercover

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2007
I like this and i probably buy the second gen of this device but.

Why do the title words keep getting cutoff on the right of the screen? Example Market just says Marke.

smeker

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
[citation][nom]sicundercover[/nom]I like this and i probably buy the second gen of this device but. Why do the title words keep getting cutoff on the right of the screen? Example Market just says Marke.[/citation]
It's the same Zune interface.. I really wished tehy changed that...
Apparently the Title is suppose to show as you scroll to the next screen.... One of those things that bothers some people but still makes it to the final release version...

pmb917

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
I was very much looking forward to WM7 but now that I switched from WM6.5 to a droid-X, what does WM7 do better than android? From what I see, not much.

jdog2pt0

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
Pulled from Wiki "and strictly controlling the hardware it runs on."
I remember there more about it being an ad serving machine and to keep the experience consistent by preventing OEM's from customizing the OS. Thankfully communities like XDA, PPC-Geeks, and PPCKitchen exist, so maybe, I'll try it out after its has time to mature. For now, I think I'll stick to WM6.1 (Never really took to the 6.5 interface).

Scanlia

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
Good! Looks easy and simple to use. But lots of stuff happening in the background. I think it'll be an excellent OS.

Humans think

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
"install applications only through the marketplace"

I guess this is kind of a standard right now but in previous Windows mobile versions we could install apps from external storage... There were apps I was running like science book libraries and stuff that took about 1GB (downloading through GSM would be fun) and i could install them on many devices... I guess old times by now...

ratedrampage

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
[citation][nom]Cmartin011[/nom]Change the interface color and im sold, the missing letters is kinda annoying tho[/citation]
You can do that when costumizing. Actually most of the videos show before this where in blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.