VIDEO: Xbox 720 Makes Appearance in Real Steel Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlg

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2011
If the Xbox 720 is still popular in 9 years it means we will still have the problem of outdated console graphics or that MS is actually going to release the next Xbox in about 7 years from now.

G

lol, I think everyone will be readily awaiting the PS6 by that time.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]darkchazz[/nom]Just get it out asap so we can advance in the graphics department.[/citation]

It's so pathetic that we have to depend upon a new console to up the graphics on the PC... They didn't even come close to the limit of PC games optimisation with the hardware.

Dark Comet

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2008
Although I think the next Xbox is definitely coming this is not a hint. The film is set 2020 years from now and is using the Xbox 360 logo with a 720 added on. The 720 is just a fan name anyway. Its just a little thing the film team have added in because in 2020 we will sadly still be on the 8th generation of consoles...

phishy714

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
Even if there is a new Xbox coming out soon and a new ps4 coming out soon, PC gamers will still be ahead. Why? because when designing the new consoles, they will most likely decide upon something SOMEWHAT (kinda maybe not really) modern AT THE TIME THEY ARE DESIGNING IT. Which means that by the time it actually comes out retail, it will be like 2-3 year old hardware at the least, since it does take that long to make a damn console.

So basically, if they started designing a ps5 right now, they would pick an HD6870 lets say (unlikely cause its a top, mid range. They would go with a low mid range.) Then in two to three years, when that ps5 comes out, we will be rocking HD 8000's cards.. so yeah.. we will always be ahead of consoles.

mchuf

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
Since most games are designed for console (mostly Xbox 360) specs, leaving pc games as the "red-headed stepchild" of gaming, most AAA pc games will be console ports at least for the near future. And you can see more and more pc games are leaving out a lot of customizable settings because of that. So most pc games aren't really that much better looking than their console counterparts. The fact that pc hardware is superior to console hardware, even future console hardware, is meaningless. Yes, I play great pc only games, but those are increasingly being niche or indy titles. The majority of AAA games play as and look just as good on consoles compared to the pc version. Why spend $150 - $200 every two to three years to upgrade your gaming rig, when you can buy a console that will play the same games for 5 years?

Now if most of these games were being developed for the pc first and then ported to consoles, then my opinion would be entirely different.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]tranzz[/nom]At 46 seconds if you want to check it[/citation]

[citation][nom]kikireeki[/nom]Actually it is at 0:47[/citation]

Must be on a slow puter ehh =P

bak0n

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
[citation][nom]mchuf[/nom]Since most games are designed for console (mostly Xbox 360) specs, leaving pc games as the "red-headed stepchild" of gaming, most AAA pc games will be console ports at least for the near future. And you can see more and more pc games are leaving out a lot of customizable settings because of that. So most pc games aren't really that much better looking than their console counterparts. The fact that pc hardware is superior to console hardware, even future console hardware, is meaningless. Yes, I play great pc only games, but those are increasingly being niche or indy titles. The majority of AAA games play as and look just as good on consoles compared to the pc version. Why spend $150 - $200 every two to three years to upgrade your gaming rig, when you can buy a console that will play the same games for 5 years? Now if most of these games were being developed for the pc first and then ported to consoles, then my opinion would be entirely different.[/citation]

You don't "need" to spend $150-200 to upgrade. People just choose to. My 4 year old PC still pulls way better frame rates than an xbox could ever dream of.

G

[citation][nom]bak0n[/nom]You don't "need" to spend $150-200 to upgrade. People just choose to. My 4 year old PC still pulls way better frame rates than an xbox could ever dream of.[/citation]

Indeed. If my 7900 GTs still worked, paired with a Pentium D and 2GB of ram could stomp xbox or ps3. Not sure of the used price for the parts but it can't be more than the console prices.

Hugh Jackman got lucky. Most times when an action hero gets grabbed for a kids' movie, they end up in ballerina outfits or as babysitters. Still gonna pass on this movie though. I'll wait for it on HBO to watch with the kid.

jdwii

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
On the PC most settings at 1280/720 + med-Low is equivalent to a xbox 360/PS3 know a days. Just look at Crysis 2 and COD.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]jdwii[/nom]On the PC most settings at 1280/720 + med-Low is equivalent to a xbox 360/PS3 know a days. Just look at Crysis 2 and COD.[/citation]

Try the "high-ultra" settings and you'll be in for a treat. Just look at Crysis 2 (DX11) and Battlefield 3 (and soon Skyrim and Mass Effect 3).

Status
Not open for further replies.