videolan

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.video.digital-tv (More info?)

Greetings,

Somebody already seen this:
Videolan (http://www.videolan.org/), a open-source project that allows you
to "take in" a video-stream into a PC (from DVD, CDrom, a DVB-S card, a
DVB-T card, ...) and can stream it over a LAN, either in unicast or in
multicast.

Supports MPEG 1, MPEG 2, MPEG 4 and DIVX.


Includes viewer for a number of different OSs.


Cheerio! Kr. Bonne.
--
Kristoff Bonne, Bredene, BEL
H323 VoIP: callto://krbonne.homelinux.net/
[nl] [fr] [en] [de]
 

aztech

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2004
107
0
18,630
0
Archived from groups: alt.video.digital-tv (More info?)

"Kristoff Bonne" <compaqnet.be@kristoff.bonne> wrote in message
news:pan.2004.05.07.16.02.40.285153@kristoff.bonne...
> Greetings,
>
> Somebody already seen this:
> Videolan (http://www.videolan.org/), a open-source project that allows you
> to "take in" a video-stream into a PC (from DVD, CDrom, a DVB-S card, a
> DVB-T card, ...) and can stream it over a LAN, either in unicast or in
> multicast.

Yes, and made in France... just like my Sony VHS deck which has died on me today
;)

Az.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.video.digital-tv (More info?)

Gegroet,

Op Fri, 07 May 2004 18:40:04 +0000, schreef Aztech:
>> Somebody already seen this:
>> Videolan (http://www.videolan.org/), a open-source project that allows you
>> to "take in" a video-stream into a PC (from DVD, CDrom, a DVB-S card, a
>> DVB-T card, ...) and can stream it over a LAN, either in unicast or in
>> multicast.

> Yes, and made in France... just like my Sony VHS deck which has died on
> me today ;)

Well, with the recent craze of DVDs, it probably kind of lacked attention
anyway. ;-)


BTW. Have you actually tried videolan?


> Az.
Cheerio! Kr. Bonne.
--
Kristoff Bonne, Bredene, BEL
H323 VoIP: callto://krbonne.homelinux.net/
[nl] [fr] [en] [de]
 

aztech

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2004
107
0
18,630
0
Archived from groups: alt.video.digital-tv (More info?)

"Kristoff Bonne" <compaqnet.be@kristoff.bonne> wrote in message
news:pan.2004.05.07.18.57.00.293956@kristoff.bonne...
> Gegroet,
>
> Op Fri, 07 May 2004 18:40:04 +0000, schreef Aztech:
> >> Somebody already seen this:
> >> Videolan (http://www.videolan.org/), a open-source project that allows you
> >> to "take in" a video-stream into a PC (from DVD, CDrom, a DVB-S card, a
> >> DVB-T card, ...) and can stream it over a LAN, either in unicast or in
> >> multicast.
>
> > Yes, and made in France... just like my Sony VHS deck which has died on
> > me today ;)
>
> Well, with the recent craze of DVDs, it probably kind of lacked attention
> anyway. ;-)

Hrm, it was mainly a nice digital clock, it automatically syned to Teletext so I
was never a 12 o'clock flasher *.

>
> BTW. Have you actually tried videolan?

Yes, I've used it to play back PES files for a while.

Az.


'* 12 o'clock flasher: The kind of person who when you go into their houses,
every freakin' appliance is blinking "12:00" '
 

Ivan

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003
101
0
18,630
0
Archived from groups: alt.video.digital-tv (More info?)

Aztech <az@tech.com> wrote in message
news:j6Vmc.4024156$iA2.470017@news.easynews.com...
> "Kristoff Bonne" <compaqnet.be@kristoff.bonne> wrote in message
> news:pan.2004.05.07.18.57.00.293956@kristoff.bonne...
> > Gegroet,
> >
> > Op Fri, 07 May 2004 18:40:04 +0000, schreef Aztech:
> > >> Somebody already seen this:
> > >> Videolan (http://www.videolan.org/), a open-source project that
allows you
> > >> to "take in" a video-stream into a PC (from DVD, CDrom, a DVB-S card,
a
> > >> DVB-T card, ...) and can stream it over a LAN, either in unicast or
in
> > >> multicast.
> >
> > > Yes, and made in France... just like my Sony VHS deck which has died
on
> > > me today ;)
> >
> > Well, with the recent craze of DVDs, it probably kind of lacked
attention
> > anyway. ;-)
>
> Hrm, it was mainly a nice digital clock, it automatically syned to
Teletext so I
> was never a 12 o'clock flasher *.
>
> >
If it's the model I'm thinking of and has gone totally dead, it's probably a
couple of the electrolytic capacitors in the primary of the switch mode
power supply which are contained on a panel inside a tin box, both of which
have to be removed from the printed circuit panel for replacement, however
if you've got any mates in the trade they'll probably sort it for a couple
of pints!
 

aztech

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2004
107
0
18,630
0
Archived from groups: alt.video.digital-tv (More info?)

"Ivan" <Ivan'H'older@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:2g3t12F45tt4U1@uni-berlin.de...
<
> If it's the model I'm thinking of and has gone totally dead, it's probably a
> couple of the electrolytic capacitors in the primary of the switch mode
> power supply which are contained on a panel inside a tin box, both of which
> have to be removed from the printed circuit panel for replacement, however
> if you've got any mates in the trade they'll probably sort it for a couple
> of pints!

Yes, a case of switching off the ring-main to replace a socket and it never
coming back to life. Thanks for your info, I'll take a look.

Az.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.video.digital-tv (More info?)

Gegroet,

Op Vr, 07 Mei 2004 23:38:55 +0000, schreef Aztech:
> Hrm, it was mainly a nice digital clock, it automatically syned to Teletext so I
> was never a 12 o'clock flasher *.

Well, you can buy a DCF (or MFS) syncronised radio clock for almost
nothing nowdays; so just keeping a VCR to have a clock which doesn't need
changing twice a year, does sound like quite a bit of "overkill" if you
ask me. ;-)


Cheerio! Kr. Bonne.
--
Kristoff Bonne, Bredene, BEL
H323 VoIP: callto://krbonne.homelinux.net/
[nl] [fr] [en] [de]
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
JMcEntegart Streaming Video & TVs 13

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS