Viewing Distance for TV

DarriaNCZE

Estimable
Nov 1, 2014
Hello everyone.

I intend to buy a Smart TV. Samsung UE32J5672 to be exact. It has FullHD resolution.

However I am little bit confused by the viewing distance required. I will be watching TV from my bed. TV will be at the "table" in front of the bed. So the distance will be roughly 1.8 - 2 meters. But when I have looked at the article of the store about viewing distance to inches of display. They say that for 32 inch TV, it should be at least 1.3 meters. Which is absolutely fine. But I have tried to dig at other website, and they say different things.

And when I have visited Samsung website, they said that it should be 3 meters.
http://www.samsung.com/in/support/skp/faq/240809

So... what would you recommend me? I intend to buy it this weekend, but I'd hate to find out that I am too close to the display. Most of the articles tell me that it will be fine, but I'd like to hear experience of actual people.

Solution
G
Whatever is comfortable for you, the recommendation is probably where the color would look the best, doesn't really matter
G

Whatever is comfortable for you, the recommendation is probably where the color would look the best, doesn't really matter

Solution

DarriaNCZE

Estimable
Nov 1, 2014

I will buy that TV from e-shop. So I really cannot tell if it will be good or not. Problem is, that I have quite limited space in front of my bed. So if the colors will not be good, I will have to buy different TV.

G

You wont even know the difference, the TV should be fine at any difference