ViewSonic Reveals ViewPad 10e with IPS Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

chomlee

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
Why in the world would you invest good money for a good display and then put an old operating system on it.

Here is my wishlist Tegra 2 tablet running honeycomb (with promis to be upgradable to ICS), Display like the one described above, 16 Gig, Full Size SD slot (micro SD is acceptable if the form factor is able to be thin), 9-10" in screeen size, Front and rear cameras (Similar to what is in the majority of the tablets already), and a price tag of $299 or less. I think at that point, you would have a winner.

gokanis

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
[citation][nom]lamorpa[/nom]Yay. Now I will be able to read my ebooks at oblique angles![/citation]

But not in direct sunlight.

cTs Corvette

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2011
Great, another Viewsonic tablet you have to root and flash a ROM to for it to be a "real" Android device. Guess they didn't learn anything from the failure of the Gtab, and here's to hoping that they don't abandon Viewpad owners like they did the Gtab's. Personally, I'll never buy another Viewsonic product.

Device Unknown

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
Ya know, I simply do not understand why companies refuse to put Gingerbread on their tablets. The consumers have spoken, we want GINGERBREAD. And why block Android market when they have nothing at all to replace it with? If they had their own market i could understand but they dont! they just flat out blocked any one. I'm dumbfounded by these companies decisions. They are shooting themselves in the foot.

DSpider

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
Too many buttons for my taste. Why bring frontal buttons at all? They can easily be simulated by multi touch gestures or even on-screen arrows. This is the main reason I've been bashing on the iPad ever since they announced it. The thing looks like a blown-up iPhone/iPod touch EXACTLY because of the home button!

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]Can't keep track of all these tablets...can't...[/citation]
Think its bad now, wait till Windows 8 comes out and all the OEMs come crawling out the woodwork

lordstormdragon

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Think its bad now, wait till Windows 8 comes out and all the OEMs come crawling out the woodwork[/citation]

True true, but at least they won't ALL suck, then! If we're lucky? God, I hope they still don't all suck next year.

The only tablets worth owning currently are the Wacoms. All the rest are just toddler-toys, catering to the lowest common denominator of nerds.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]lordstormdragon[/nom]True true, but at least they won't ALL suck, then! If we're lucky? God, I hope they still don't all suck next year.The only tablets worth owning currently are the Wacoms. All the rest are just toddler-toys, catering to the lowest common denominator of nerds.[/citation]
Not saying they will be bad, but it will be like the PC arms race, there will be short number of high-end vendors like your Alienware / VoodooPC type creations, followed by a heaving mass of samey-samey tablets that you can only pick apart using a police forensics lab.

As long as it runs X86 programs (intel will take care of the CPU for that) and has level of power similar to the average netbook, and priced to match, they will sell by the tens of millions.

lordstormdragon

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom] As long as it runs X86 programs (intel will take care of the CPU for that) and has level of power similar to the average netbook, and priced to match, they will sell by the tens of millions.[/citation]

Totally agree, only I'd love to see the AMD Fusions take hold... Then we could have a bit more GPU horsepower, and make it all worthwhile! Gaming on the go could someday be interesting again...

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]lordstormdragon[/nom]Totally agree, only I'd love to see the AMD Fusions take hold... Then we could have a bit more GPU horsepower, and make it all worthwhile! Gaming on the go could someday be interesting again...[/citation]
Add a mini bluetooth keypad to get the WASD and a mini bluetooth mouse, make sure the tablet has a kickstand so it can be upright in front of you and you can 3G straight into a game of Counterstrike - FROM A PICNIC TABLE IN THE PARK!

Status
Not open for further replies.