Virus Removal Problems

Sembwag

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013
So I think i got a virus on my pc somehow and now whenever I try to boot my computer it goes to the troubleshooting menu. It has no option to boot to safe mode so I cant do that even through the console where if I try it gives me an error message.
I have avast and run virus scans fairly often. I think I ran the most recent one the other day after downloading something. The scan came up with nothing so i figured everything was fine.

Would be great if I could get some help thanks

Sembwag

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013

Im pretty sure I have a virus because as i forgot to mention I cant get into my pc, whenever i boot it asks me what keyboard layout i want, so i select one, It then takes me to the troubleshooting menu and asks me to troubleshoot, reset my pc etc. without giving me the option to simply try to get to the logon screen. I have tried to get into safe mode but havent been able to so far.

What do you mean by a problem with windows?

Sembwag

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013

I have tried getting into safe mode this way quite a few times and nothing has happened. I then tried doing it through console commands as there is an option to open the console, this didnt work either. Is there any other way to get into safe mode?

Sembwag

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013

Ok, is there any way to try logging in through the console as that is about the only bit of the pc i can get to

Sembwag

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013

there is an option to open command prompt in the troubleshooting menu