Vizio TV model D50U-D1 I'm trying to connect to my old Sylvania Video cassette recorder & DVD player model # SRD3900.

kathleenhirl

Prominent
Oct 10, 2017
I have a Vizio tv model # D50U-D1 I'm trying to connect to an old Sylvania video cassette recorder & DVD player.
Model # SRD3900.
I have it connected via red white and yellow cables and it plays fine. But I want to try with the HDMI to 3 RCA cable to see if I can record TV programs to vhs through my cable programing of which I do not have a box, just a direct cable hookup in my apartment.
Can anyone help?

Solution
TVs do not have HDMI outputs so there is no way to output to your VCR. An HDMI to 3 RCA cable never works. It can't change digital video and audio to analog. You would need an active HDMI to AV converter.
If you had a cable box,using the correct splitter and converter, you could record from that. The quality would be pretty bad though. You would not be able to watch one program and record another or have the VCR change channels on the box either.
TVs do not have HDMI outputs so there is no way to output to your VCR. An HDMI to 3 RCA cable never works. It can't change digital video and audio to analog. You would need an active HDMI to AV converter.
If you had a cable box,using the correct splitter and converter, you could record from that. The quality would be pretty bad though. You would not be able to watch one program and record another or have the VCR change channels on the box either.

Solution