Solved! Vizio VA220E (VERY old), no remote available to buy

Mar 25, 2018
I cannot buy one, and I've tried FOUR "universal" remotes....none of which work...
I can access items (change input sources, picture settings, etc.) but I CANNOT change any settings because there's no "enter" or "select" button,... I can only access the various settings menus... but I cannot actually change anything... VERY frustrating..

Thanks in advance...
S. Hildebrandt

Mar 25, 2018
Roberrt.... Thanks for your input. I've tried 4 "universal" remotes that claimed to be direct replacements for the Vizio VR1. Two of them, (the Onn and Sony), claimed to work right out of the package WITHOUT programming. I was able to turn it on & off with the Sony, but that's all it could perform (even with me fummelling / reprogramming it.
Thanks again,
Steve H.

quotemsg=20858700,0,1725087]Umm? https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XVizio+VA220E+remote.TRS0&_nkw=Vizio+VA220E+remote&_sacat=0

Just check that the sticker name of TV does match with code like in ""
VIZIO VA220E "VA22LFHDTV10T VA26L VA26LHDTV10" LCD Plasma TV Remote Control[/quotemsg]

Mar 25, 2018
Robert....
Thanks for your input. Unfortunately, I've tried 4 "universal" remotes that claimed to be direct replacements for the Vizio VR1. Two of them, (the Onn and Sony), claimed to work right out of the package WITHOUT programming. I was able to turn it on & off with the Sony, but that's all it could perform (even with me fummelling / reprogramming it.
Thanks again,
Steve H.