Wal-Mart Flyer Leak Shows $299 Xbox 360 Elite

Status
Not open for further replies.

viometrix

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2009
i have both systems....and at the new price points having experienced both, id buy a ps3....i find it funny that i can run movies from jmy windows media player fine...but the xbox 360 when i stream some of them says unknown format, yet my ps3 streams the same movie just fine....logically youd figure if it runs on windows, it would stream to the 360....plus the ps3 makes the same movie look cleaner and crisper

sailfish

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2007
I have both and it's tough to decide if both were at the same price point. On one hand, the PS3 had built-in BluRay, wireless internet and browser but equally inviting the Xbox 360 has NetFlix and a better online experience.

On hardware, the PS3 wins hands down but in terms of features the Xbox 360 has the upper hand. I really enjoy the NetFlix capability but I think I'd have to give it to the PS3 and suggest that Microsoft needs to drop the price by a minimum of $50 to stay competitive.

daship

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
I have 360 but the $299 price is fail. They need to include a wireless adapter for freee, not a $99 addon. $99 for wireless is rediculous.

G

In May 2008, Dell had the Elite for $329 with two games. Thats how I got my Elite.

Jazzmain

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Burodsx[/nom]I like how all this information keeps getting "leaked". Sounds more like marketing if you ask me.[/citation]

Not true completely. Companies get ads many weeks in advance. It only takes one person to grab one and scan/upload to the internet. But you're right too, it could be a marketing ploy as well.

The_Blood_Raven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
People need to stop this favoritism of the different consoles. I have all three and I know that each serves a purpose. For hardcore gamers the Xbox 360 is the best thanks to better exclusives and a better controller, however the PS3 makes up for that by being the best media center solution on the market, and still one the absolute best blu-ray players out. The Wii is so simple and refreshing that it really puts a smile on your face when playing with the wiimote. It all comes down to your needs, the console that is best for one is not always best for the other, it might not fit their needs like it does yours. I use my PS3 the most for movies, but I prefer most games on my Xbox 360, while I love to setup my Wii for the neighborhood kids to play.

If you want the ultimate gaming, media, and diverse device then a gaming PC is the ultimate. However, as many of us know, it comes with a hefty premium that isn't necessarily worth it to most people.

I love the price competition because it is going to make my Christmas shopping real easy, though it has been needed for a long time.

Zenthar

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
[citation][nom]daship[/nom]I have 360 but the $299 price is fail. They need to include a wireless adapter for freee, not a $99 addon. $99 for wireless is rediculous.[/citation]Or at least drop the adapter's price to 50$ and/or offer Wireless N for 100$...

Core2uu

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2009
Still many hidden expenses with the 360. Like LIVE GOLD and their $100 wireless adapter. Granted LIVE may be some better than Sony's online alternative, but the costs rack up.

matt_b

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
If the new Elite hits the $300 price point, what is the new price of the arcade/pro or whatever model isn't getting dropped here?

mr_tuel

Distinguished
May 23, 2009
[citation][nom]jazzmain[/nom]Not true completely. Companies get ads many weeks in advance. It only takes one person to grab one and scan/upload to the internet. But you're right too, it could be a marketing ploy as well.[/citation]

yup. at best buy for example, the upcoming week's ad is sent to every store, and most employees have easy access to it.

magicandy

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2008
What they need to do now is remove Arcade SKU completely and drop the Pro SKU down to the Arcade's pricepoint. I would be nice if they did one even further and kept the Arcade on the market, reducing it to a sweet ~$130 price that would put it in reach of many more people.

Status
Not open for further replies.