Walmart Shopper Smashes 29 TVs With a Bat

Status
Not open for further replies.

HalJordan

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
I wonder what was going through those customer's heads. "Should we do something?" I wonder if I saw this going down if I would step in to stop the guy. Not my T.V.'s, Wal-Mart is insured, and I don't fancy a bat to the head for any reason. I suppose as long as the guy didn't start chasing anyone around with it I would just watch the show until the police arrived.

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]"found a bottle of anti-depressents on Strellis' person."What? pocket?[/citation]
You the f'n grammar police?...use common sense

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]sot010174[/nom]Im shocked. No security whatsoever.[/citation]
Wal-mart knows that securing the premises is too expensive to be worth the losses they incur during events like these. They admittedly won't bother with theft unless the value is over $25, and even then all they will do is collect evidence until the police arrive. It's just not worth having a team of bruisers at each entrance of each store to try to stop stupid stuff like this.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
If you think about it, smashing the TVs is one of the most "financially" destructive acts you can do in a Wal-Mart in a relatively short amount of time. Sure their insurance more than covers it, but of all their products this is was the quickest way to rack up $20k+ in damage. If he had jumped over to the laptop section he could have topped $25k.

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
What does "pleading the fifth" mean? I really don't know. As for the story itself, it's well written. Feel bad for the dude. Walmart smashes 3rd world countries in the face every single day by using their slave labour and over-saturating out market here with products which we can't afford because we lost our jobs due to Walmartinsm.

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
Every day low prices.

It is fitting that a few weeks ago some one went to the meat section and urinated on $220 worth of steaks at another WalMart.
I personally hate Walmart and would love to see them get looted again like what happened in Katrina. Best Buy your next.

Status
Not open for further replies.