Want to buy a new Laptop, need advises

potatoveg

Estimable
Oct 5, 2015
Hey there ppl,

im planning to buy a new laptop as mine is weak and old for the purposes i need it.

i dont know which one will serve me well and be the best investment of my money on :
1) Lenovo IdeaPad 500s 14 80Q30099IV
CPU: Intel i7 6500U 3.1mhz (6th generation)
RAM : 8gb DDR3
STORAGE : 256gb SSD
SCREEN : 14inch 1920x1080
GPU : Nvidia Geforce 940M 2GB ddr3

• * this one has OS win10 with it

OR

2) Asus Vivobook X556UB-DM097D
CPU : Intel i7 6500U 3.1mhz (6th generation)
RAM : 8gb DDR3
STORAGE : 256gb SSD (option to increase to 512gb)
SCREEN : 15.6inch 1920x1080
GPU : Nvidia Geforce 940M 2GB ddr3

• * this one DOES NOT have OS with it (buying one or self installing)

Purposes of the laptop : it will be used for Programming, Video Editing and small gaming (such as WoW and MOBA, not going hardcore like Witcher 3 or something)

Solution
They both have the same specs, apart from the screen size. The only difference this will make is (obviously) the screen will be smaller/bigger, but it will also either increase the PPI (pixels per inch) with a smaller screen or lower it with a larger screen. You want a higher PPI, because this makes your screen more clear, but when the screen is that small it doesn't really matter anyway, it affects you more if you get a large PC monitor with a lower resolution. I guess it just comes down to which is cheaper in availability for you, and which you like the look of more

Spetznaz

Commendable
Aug 23, 2016
They both have the same specs, apart from the screen size. The only difference this will make is (obviously) the screen will be smaller/bigger, but it will also either increase the PPI (pixels per inch) with a smaller screen or lower it with a larger screen. You want a higher PPI, because this makes your screen more clear, but when the screen is that small it doesn't really matter anyway, it affects you more if you get a large PC monitor with a lower resolution. I guess it just comes down to which is cheaper in availability for you, and which you like the look of more

Solution

potatoveg

Estimable
Oct 5, 2015
well the Asus Vivobook X556UB-DM097D (2nd option) is 40$ more expensive if i increase the SSD from 256gb to 512gb which the Lenovo IdeaPad 500s 14 80Q30099IV (1st option) doesnt have the option to do so, but 1st option has OS with it while the 2nd doesnt, as far as i can see it the 2nd option will be better because of the x2 storage in the SSD and get a cracked OS of win10 because getting that with OS its adding about 100$ more

Spetznaz

Commendable
Aug 23, 2016

Sounds like a plan, just be cautious with which windows activator you use because some inject viruses and do other nasty stuff

potatoveg

Estimable
Oct 5, 2015
well i know my way around, i have knowledge about components, PC parts overall and OS, just needed an opinion over my choices, thank you for answering and for the help \o/