Web Sites Display too big for notebook

naslaw

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2011
I have a samsung N130 running windows xp and explorer browser. When in Web Sites the display is too large for the screen, have tried all the different resolution settings the best is 1024x600 but still too large.
Any ideas thnk you.

hpfreak

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
You are using a netbook, with a very low resolution screen. You won't get the quality and the compatibility that you'd get on a bigger brother who has a larger screen.

You might want to try updating Microsoft Framework, and make sure you have the latest version of Internet Explorer.

Go to Microsoft.com and download Internet Explorer 9 if you don't already have it.

naslaw

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2011

Thank you for your reply will try what you suggest as I am using Explorer 8. Not looking for too much quality just a readable screen, will let you know the outcome Thanks.

hpfreak

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
I'm sorry it didn't fix the problem. I know this is a quite obvious, but at the bottom right-hand corner of Internet Explorer... there should be, by defauly a little bar that runs the bottom of the window, on the right, there is a percentage variant box. Try changing the size of those, that will effect the size of the web site. Also, are you experiencing this problem on all websites? or just one? it may be a sitebuilders error.

naslaw

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2011
Thank you for your comments. Have tried them without success, the problem is with all websites, i suppose it could be a driver problem, we have a local chap who is quite handy with computers, hes going to have a look he has not come across quite the same problem. If & when I do get it sorted out I will let you know just in case someone else has a similar problem, once again many thanks.

TRENDING THREADS