Weird Screensaver Issue

Wasn't sure where to ask this.

I have the screensaver on my laptop set to activate if I haven't touched my wireless mouse for 5 minutes, and then have the screen set to shut off after another 5 minutes.

When I am watching videos through my browser (Chrome), it somehow knows to not activate itself.
But when I try to do the same thing when watching videos through a different browser (Internet Exploder), the screensaver kicks in during a video anyway.

Any idea why it does this in one browser, but not another?

Solution
Given the DRM non-sense that Intel and Netflix are up to I wouldn't be surprised if this is more of the same.

Give the community a few weeks, they'll come up with some mod I'm sure.

Eximo

Distinguished
Herald
Poor coding, but that really depends on how you are watching. Not all programs will flag the computer as busy when watching videos. Though I must say it has been a while since I have heard of anyone having this problem.

I wouldn't expect much support for Internet Explorer going forward. If you need an alternate browser it is best to bounce between Firefox/Chrome/Opera and a few others.

Thanks for the reply! :D

I wouldn't normally use Internet Exploder, but suddenly Directv Now refuses to load using Chrome (I'm not the only one having issues), and it supports I.E., and is working fine. I know Directv Now can't be used with Firefox, not sure about Opera.

Eximo

Distinguished
Herald
Given the DRM non-sense that Intel and Netflix are up to I wouldn't be surprised if this is more of the same.

Give the community a few weeks, they'll come up with some mod I'm sure.

Solution

Thanks! I'll wait and see. But with as half-a$$ed as Directv Now is turning out to be, I won't hold my breath, LOL.

It's not that big a deal. Just a minor inconvenience.