Westinghouse TV not working with Blu-Ray player

jkingp

Honorable
Sep 11, 2012
Hello,

I just purchased a Westinghouse EW32S5UW 32 LED TV. I also bought a Toshiba Blu-Ray player. When I connect the blu-ray player the startup screen comes on for a couple seconds then I get a black screen. I tried using both HDMI slots and neither worked. Both HDMI slots work because the cable box works on both. I can get the blu-ray player to work on my Sony HDTV. So I know the player works any help wouldbe greatly appreciated.

dreamer2727

Honorable
Nov 14, 2012
I've dealt with this exact issue for the last 3 months. My Toshiba BDX2250 worked fine with my Westinghouse but the blu ray player broke after 7 months so I returned it to get a new one but they didn't have any more of those models and gave me a newer model - BDX2300. That one gave me the start up screen and then went black EXACLTY like yours. Then, I got another one of the same players cuz I thought it was broken and then I realized it just was the tv or the model. So finally they send me another newer model the BDX3300. This one does the SAME thing. I call Westinghouse and they constantly say a level 2 tech will call me back but they lie. Now the 3rd person I talk to tells me Westinghouse isn't compatible with Toshiba blu ray but I ask if its all the tvs and she says she doesn't know she doesnt see why it would only be one but I wonder if its cuz this is a black friday tv? But then again, I think Westinghouse just SUCKS and none of them work with toshiba at all cuz they lie to me constantly. I hate Westinghouse and am filling out a complaint to the Better Business Bureau BBB now. This has been a horrible experience and I will always buy the good brands from now on!!!