What Chromebook should I get?

Ethan Perry

Estimable
Oct 30, 2014
I'm looking for a Chromebook that I can use for taking notes and browsing the internet. More specifically, something that can handle multiple tabs at once. Also, should I lean towards 2GB or 4 GB of RAM?

Solution
Acer has some new Chromebooks recently that have 1080p screens and are fairly good on a budget. Starts at like $300 for he base and I think its around $375 for the 4 GB RAM version.

These will come with the Tegra K1 which technically is a bit slower compared to the i3 models but have a much better battery life if that's important to you.

Warukyure

Estimable
Acer has some new Chromebooks recently that have 1080p screens and are fairly good on a budget. Starts at like $300 for he base and I think its around $375 for the 4 GB RAM version.

These will come with the Tegra K1 which technically is a bit slower compared to the i3 models but have a much better battery life if that's important to you.

Solution

Ethan Perry

Estimable
Oct 30, 2014

I noticed a few 1080p display chromebooks but most of them had TN displays with not so pretty displays. Toshiba Chromebook 2 was the only 1080p display I found that had an IPS screen that I'm currently leaning towards with a Intel Celeron Processor N2840 CPU. How well will this processor perform? Do you know of any other Chromebooks with ISP displays (720 or 1080)? And since I plan on web surfing and note taking exclusively does speed really matter? I just want something that can handle multiple open tabs (the more the merrier!)

Warukyure

Estimable
That specific atom processor is faster than the K1, but the trade off is less battery life. It's still gonna get about 5-6 hours easily (maybe not that much watching netflix or videos) doing things like typing, browsing, emails etc.

The thing with Toshiba's imo is that they've always had kind of mediocre battery life. But ultimately if you like the IPS screen then go for it. The CPU in that laptop is fine and should be speedy enough, just make sure to get the 4GB RAM model I guess