what do i choose

colleen2885

Estimable
Apr 23, 2015
i am looking for a new camera as mine went out on me. i use my camera everyday. i am a mother of 3 boys. i need a camera that can capture those "kodak" moments of kids being kids as well as the action shots of them playing sports. i want something i can grab quickly and capture the moment when the moment is happening not so much candid shots. something where i can snap a shot and right away snap another. i do not have thousands to spend on a camera

Mitchell Robinson

Honorable
Sep 18, 2013
Try picking up a Canon Powershot S120. They are by far my favorite pocket camera and it wont break the bank at only $450 usually. You might find it cheaper than that now too.

As for taking action shots, do a bit of research on the different "modes" The camera has. Some are better for for sport and shots where there is a lot of movement like shutter priority. These settings will allow you to get crisp/sharp images. I wouldn't trust full auto for sports shots anyway.

As i said. Google for 20 minutes and you will find the best way to make whatever camera you own perform at action shots.

Urumiko

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013
You really need to give a rough idea of budget, and if size etc is a factor to consider?

I know my camera is phonominal and has a really fast boot time, and autofocus which is great for catching the "kodak moments". but it gost £500 which might be too much :)