What is a good Home Audio System For Cheap?

ShawnSMB

Estimable
Dec 7, 2014
I just got a 40-inch Flat-Screen TV and I'm very happy with the quality but not so much with the audio so I am looking into getting an audio system for my TV for somewhere around $50. I'm not sure if that's even a realistic price but I would just like a good quality audio system for as cheap as possible.

Solution
You might need to go a little over your proposed budget, but the $80-$90 sony sound bars with a subwoofer aren't too shabby.

I'm sure a true audiophile will burn me for saying so but it's not too bad on the cheap.

burdenbound

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
You might need to go a little over your proposed budget, but the $80-$90 sony sound bars with a subwoofer aren't too shabby.

I'm sure a true audiophile will burn me for saying so but it's not too bad on the cheap.

Solution

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
My father in law bought a Visio sound bar with a built-in sub for a fairly low price. I think it sounds great. But you can't expect a decent surround sound system for that low of a price.
If I could buy speakers and wanted the best combo of low price and high quality sound in a 5.1 system i would get these.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/Speakers/Home+Theater+Speakers/SP-PK52FS
(You can find the whole set for even less that their retail price listed on Pioneer's website.)

If I was you I would get either a sound bar /w sub or a set of nice cheap computer speakers. (Some are very cheap and still have 5.1 surround sound.)

theLeggo

Estimable
Dec 26, 2014
for $50 your best bet is to check your local craigslist for some speakers and receiver. 50 should get you an older system, and you will have to be careful to check to the speakers to see if they are holding up. otherwise, maybe a decent soundbar.

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
i personally use a decent 2.1 pc speaker set-up for my home audio. my pc is my movie player so the sound is right there anyway. think i paid about $60 for my set which has a decent woofer for that bit of kick to movies and music.

never been a big fan of 5.1 and having speakers all over the place so i just went for a good 2.1 set.

TRENDING THREADS