What is a good tablet?

prunehairs

Honorable
Sep 21, 2013
I'm planning on selling my macbook pro for a tablet as I don't care for mac's. Anyways, I am a college student and would like to know if there is any tablets that stand out over others. For school I mostly just need to write reports and other documents, research on the web, and read. Which would be better for this; Windows or Android? I'm also keeping in mind there are quite a few new tablets that will be coming out by 2014 but at this point I would like just about any information, thanks!

Solution
Well if you want a tablet that can actually replace a laptop then you're looking at a Surface Pro or Surface Pro 2. But you will be paying big money for one of those, they start at $699 minimum.
G

Well choosing a tablet is a bit personal... But I would go for android since they got a better app store (imo) than windows. Lenovo has some good models. http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/tablets/
I like very much the yoga-8 for its design and for the reason it has a stand you can use to have your tablet in different angles on a desk. It also has decent tech specs.

prunehairs

Honorable
Sep 21, 2013

I was actually looking at the surface pro 2 however I found something that could possibly fit what I'm looking for. It's called the transformer book trio. It hasn't been announced in the US yet but if it does make it here it will carry a hefty price. Thanks for your post!

stiqy

Honorable
Aug 22, 2013
If you are looking at the Pro, I'd look at the Dell Venue 11 Pro. With a transformer-like keyboard and also a desktop dock its looking like a very solid tablet/convertible with core i5 power. The Venue 11 pro will be released in the next week or so (early November 2013)

prunehairs

Honorable
Sep 21, 2013

Thanks for the info!

doylesiluo

Honorable
Nov 16, 2013
With a transformer-like keyboard and also a desktop dock its looking like a very solid tablet/convertible with core i5 power. The Venue 11 pro will be released in the next week or so
gg