What is the best Anti-Virus software out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EchnoRom

Estimable
Feb 7, 2016
Hello, I just built a gaming computer and already have started downloading the software I am going to need, I would like to have a good and reliable anti-virus software so I will be able to download the things I want more or less worry free. Right now I am using SUPERAntiSpyware, but I would like something better, something affordable.

azaran

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
Malwarebytes isn't an anti virus. Its a great anti malware software but there is a difference. Highly recommend using both anti malware and anti virus. Esets Nod32 is a solid one if you only want AV with no security suite, but Karpersky's Antivirus and Bitdefender have been rated higher of late. For one of the best free anti virus look at Avira.

Ragahv

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
I find comodo the best software. Its an application based software. It's better because, it has a sandbox feature and a defense feature with many benefits. Such as HIPS detection, shell code detection, on access scanning, fire wall, port detection, heuristics scanning, shell code detection behaviour and protocol analysis. It lets you set control over the firewall and enables you to specify manual rules.

You can establish a virtual desktop so you can work protectively. I think that virtuial desktop app is benificial because it virtualizes the processes in your system. Its easy to not get infected online while using virtual desktop. Its not a sandbox but it has similar use.

Ragahv

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
Not only comodo offer defense and sandbox/virtual desktop solution but also has firewall. I recommend getting the free version of internet security. Don't go for male ware bytes. It doesn't have on access scanning. I like comodo because it has all in one features like fire wall, defense, sandbox etc..

You can also set custom rules. It has a black and white list so you can block and allow websites. It has parental control so you can montitor behavior of remote pc

azaran

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
Keep in mind if you go with a security suite setup with a firewall, it will require some work from you to determine settings. It absolutely helps with security but the first week or so will make everything take longer as you train the software.

azaran

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010

The free version of malwarebytes is on demand, the paid version runs resident and provides real time protection.

azaran

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
Comodo isn't bad for a free software but it has performed below other software suites for well over a year with higher false positives than the industry average.

I'd really recommend looking at Avira for a free AV and Kapersky or Bitdefender for a paid solution.

shmu26

Estimable
Feb 18, 2014
comodo is super strong if you enable put it in interactive mode and use autosandbox and you really know what you are doing. But if you rely on the antivirus component, you are making a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.