What is the best out of these laptops?

agent1594

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016
I have the following choices. What will be the best out of these ones?

Dell Vostro 3559
Intel 6th Gen Core i5
4GB DDR3 RAM
AMD Radeon 2GB R5 M315 DDR 3
HD webcam

Acer Aspire E5-575G
Intel 6th Gen Core i5
4GB DDR4 RAM
Nvidia GeForce 2GB GT940MX DDR 5
HD webcam

Asus R558UB-X0299T
Intel 6th Gen Core i5
8GB DDR4 RAM
Nvidia GeForce 2GB GT920MX DDR 5
VGA webcam

The climate here is somewhat hot. I've heard that Asus, Acer generate a lot more heat than Dell. Is that so? Will it affect the durability of Acer, Asus ones?
How would you compare AMD R5 M315 DDR3 vga with Nvidia GT940MX DDR5 one?
I want to get best out those. Can someone help me?
Thanks.

Solution
It is difficult to determine durability based on specs alone. On top of that there actually needs to be some history before actually knowing a durable a specific laptop mode is. The Dell Vostro is a business laptop so you will be dealing with the business side of customer service rather than the consumer side.

Here is a review of the previous generation Dell Vostro 15 3558. The only difference should be CPU. The older model uses a 5th generation i5-5200u CPU with the Intel HD 5500 graphics core.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-Vostro-15-3558-Notebook-Review.145047.0.html

Acer is basically known for making average quality laptops (some consider them low quality). But at least with there higher end gaming laptops ($900+), they are...

agent1594

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016

What about the durability? I need something that gives me less to zero maintenance time since I live 24/7 with my laptop.
Upgrading to 8gb ram will only cost me 40 usd. So it won't be a big problem.
And also Asus one has a VGA webcam, isn't it a turn off?
Thanks for your input.

jbaker22

Honorable
Sep 22, 2013
None of those laptops will take a fall well, But the asus will last longer in a hotter, more humid environment because of better components. As for the webcam, it is the resolution and megapixels that count. I don't expect any webcam built into a screen to have professional quality.

It is difficult to determine durability based on specs alone. On top of that there actually needs to be some history before actually knowing a durable a specific laptop mode is. The Dell Vostro is a business laptop so you will be dealing with the business side of customer service rather than the consumer side.

Here is a review of the previous generation Dell Vostro 15 3558. The only difference should be CPU. The older model uses a 5th generation i5-5200u CPU with the Intel HD 5500 graphics core.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-Vostro-15-3558-Notebook-Review.145047.0.html

Acer is basically known for making average quality laptops (some consider them low quality). But at least with there higher end gaming laptops ($900+), they are trying to change that image. Acer laptops offer a good balance in price and performance. But there are some people who avoids Acer laptops.

While Asus is generally known for selling good quality laptops, they are infamous for having very bad customer service. At least that is what some people say.

Below is a link to LaptopMag's round up of customer service. Note that the ranking for Dell is based on consumer support rather than business support, because the Dell Inspiron 15 3000 referenced in the article is a consumer laptop, not a business laptop. Business customer support is generally better than consumer customer support because a business customer could be a very large business that may have purchased several thousand laptops compared to a consumer client that generally only buys one laptop. The loss of a business customer can mean a loss of tens of thousands of dollars in lost future sales; if not more.

http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/tech-support-showdown

The Radeon R5 M315 is a pretty weak dedicated GPU. I would say it is a minor step up from the Intel HD 520 integrated graphics core. The Nvidia 940MX would be a lot more powerful than the R5 M315 / Intel HD 520. The Nvidia 920m is better than the Radeon R5 M315, but the 940MX should still be a huge step up in performance.

While the Asus comes with 8GB of RAM, RAM is generally inexpensive and easy to install. In the US a 4GB stick of RAM is only around $25.

Solution

agent1594

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016

Thanks for taking your time for the explanation.
I compared those GPUs in the youtube - yes, you are true: R5 M315 is only just a small step up from a onboard GPU like intel 520...
I'll take that into consideration.
Thanks again !!!

TRENDING THREADS