What is using my GB?

lcortani

Commendable
Sep 2, 2016
I have a Aspire One Cloudbook 14 it says I have a eMMC 32GB ....I have not downloaded games, pictures or videos, I use it solely for work that uses Microsoft documents (not a lot). It tried an upgrade recently and said that I didn't have enough memory. I checked and it says I am using 26GB of my 28.5GB. Where is the 32GB? So I took all my work stuff off and it fit on my 3.80GB removable drive. and it is still saying I only have 2.10GB left on my computer?!?!? Can someone please help me?

Solution

Never trust "best buy" style sales reps, none of them even know what a computer is, let alone explain how something will or will not work for a customer. Go return it, especially if you have the name of the rep that suggested it to you.
No shit... You have a 32gb drive for an OS that needs ~25GB total! You should have thought about your use before purchasing that junk.

You have two options now:
1) Return that garbage and get a real laptop
2) Buy a 128GB+ SDXC card (~$60 for decent ones, make sure that they are UHSII with minimum write speed of at least 45MB/s)

lcortani

Commendable
Sep 2, 2016
Thank you...I told the gentleman what I needed and told him I used it for work and this is what he sold me....I needed a smaller laptop to work on for travel.

Never trust "best buy" style sales reps, none of them even know what a computer is, let alone explain how something will or will not work for a customer. Go return it, especially if you have the name of the rep that suggested it to you.

Solution