What is wrong with my tv? Please Help!!! Thanks in advance

needhelpny

Honorable
Sep 18, 2013
First off I am sorry if this is not the right place to post this as I looked over the site and this seemed to be the only place.

I have a LG 42LC7D UK.AUSTLJM TV. I was watching it the other day and it just stopped working and this showed up. I fix computers and cellphones but know very little about tv's. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

needhelpny

Honorable
Sep 18, 2013
thanks guys for your quick reply. aatje92 not sure what you mean by cable? This comes up as soon as you turn the tv on. there is no devices connected to tv.

Tabris Darkpeace, I have been searching for hours on end and can't seem to find anything regarding this issue. Have not seen a single picture with the same problem as this. This is my only hope, I am thinking maybe t-con but worried its more than that.

needhelpny

Honorable
Sep 18, 2013
So I went ahead and replaced the T-Comm board, and ..... No change at all looks exactly the same. So now I'm lost on what to do, I have this $30 t-comm board I can't return I didn't use and I'm not sure what to do with this tv. I hear a buzzing coming from the power board not sure if thats normal. I took all the boards off and looked for broken solders or "bulged capacitors" I know capacitors can go without bulging and look normal but I don't have the equipment for testing. So I am thinking the next step is throwing the tv out. Any suggestions anyone??

this is what I'm Looking at:

Poison Ivy

Estimable
Aug 8, 2014

Poison Ivy

Estimable
Aug 8, 2014
I'm sure you already tried this, but if not go to menu and reset factory settings. Change your USB cable if using one and also go to LG website and open up a ticket/order number. They are pretty good at getting back to you. Also how old is the t..v. and any prior problems with it? Also if you are hooked to cable/satellite and have another room you can hook it up at try to use it! Sometimes it's the cable box or try using it with just the antenna first. Good luck Luv Ivy

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Streaming Video & TVs 3
L Streaming Video & TVs 9
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 2
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
N Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 2
M Streaming Video & TVs 1