what kind of file is this?

Assian

Commendable
Jun 25, 2016
hello everyone, today i tried to delete a program (equityfeed) that is a .jnlp program. than i tried to delete all the files that were linked with it as registry keys or other type of file. the problem is that i found a file that i cannot delete or modify, can you help me? i need to delete this file.
i tried to delete the registry keys through regedit and i tried to clean up using ccleaner. hope you can help me. the file has no dimension, the name is "http%3A%2F%2Fwww.equityfeed.com%2F", i cannot enter in the property or see the path or even click the right button. i leave a picture with the screenshot of the research that iuse to discover this file. hope i explained well the problem
rvykv8.png

IHolypaladin

Commendable
Jun 25, 2016
Did you used EquityFeed software?If you did why dint you uninstalled it via uninstaller?If you din`t installed that program it might be virus not letting you to delete file because it is currently running.Are you logged in as administrator in windows?

ex_bubblehead

Distinguished
It's Java related.

(From a Google search on "what is .jnlp":
JNLP is an acronym for Java Network Launching Protocol. The JNLP file format is used by Java to launch and manage various Java applications over a network or on the Internet. The JNLP files are saved in the XML file format.
Try first taking ownership of the file, then delete. Alternatively it might require booting a Linux Live DVD (Linux ignores NTFS permissions).

Assian

Commendable
Jun 25, 2016

i didn't install it. it's a jnlp program, so it didn't need any installation. and no it's not a virus, the program it's 100% secure and legit

Assian

Commendable
Jun 25, 2016

do you know how i could take ownership of the file without entering in the right-click menu?

Assian

Commendable
Jun 25, 2016

maybe, in first place i thought it was a registry key. do you have any suggestion on how i could delete that?

IHolypaladin

Commendable
Jun 25, 2016

I know that EquityFeed is not a virus , it might be another virus that you can not see anyway.
If you say that EquityFeed is Java program , then i can not help.

Assian

Commendable
Jun 25, 2016

nope, it doesn't let me see the location