What screen option of 16:9 should I use on my Samsung blu-ray player original or full for my 80” tv

Solution
If you want to see the correct aspect ratio as shown in the theater you leave it in original. You will see black bars since most movies have different aspect ratios.
If you want to fill the screen set it to fill. You will either have to stretch the picture or cut off parts of the picture to fill the screen,
Since you have an 80" TV, for myself I would opt for original but, whatever makes you happy is right. On very widescreen movies you would lose quite a bit or distort the picture.

eriknovak3

Prominent
Dec 31, 2017

The original 16:9 on an 80” tv makes everything smaller like it would be on a 49” should I keep it on full to get
80”picture

If you want to see the correct aspect ratio as shown in the theater you leave it in original. You will see black bars since most movies have different aspect ratios.
If you want to fill the screen set it to fill. You will either have to stretch the picture or cut off parts of the picture to fill the screen,
Since you have an 80" TV, for myself I would opt for original but, whatever makes you happy is right. On very widescreen movies you would lose quite a bit or distort the picture.

Solution