I have a GE camera and i just got done uploading my pictures on to my computer and i saftley ejected the SD card and i put it in my camera and it says "card error" what should i do? PLEASE HELP!
I had exactly the same issue with my Olmpus VR-340. I tried formatting both through the GUI and Command Line, I tried FAT16, FAT32 and exFAT. Apparently some camera's don't like it if you format the card on a windows machine:
The issue seems to be related to how windows partitions the drive, to fix it;
1. Run cmd.exe as Administrator
2. Type "Diskpart" and press Enter
3. Type "List Disk" and press Enter
4. Once you've identified the correct disk type "Select Disk X" where X is the disk number and press Enter
5. Type "List Partition" and press Enter
6. There should only be one partition, type "Select Partition X" where X is the Partition number and press Enter
7. Type "Delete Partition" and press Enter
8. Type Exit and transfer the SD card to the Camera
9. Format the card with the camera (may take a few tries) and it should work fine.