What speakers should I get for about $360? Dedicated sound card or not?

malice7

Estimable
Oct 31, 2014
I currently have a Genius SW-HF 5.1 6000 speaker sys. It's nice and all with its 200W performance but... I'm quite a bit of an audiophile, if that's even a word. I always aim for the better, and audio is one of the main things I like to have the best of. For both music and gaming.

I've been considering the Logitech Z906, it sells for about $330 here. I'd like to hear some opinions on that, and/or other suggestions.

Also, I don't have a dedicated sound card, I only use my motherboard's integrated audio (Asus H97-Plus). Would it be worth it to upgrade to a fairly priced (let's say $100, tops) sound card, to go along with a new speaker system, or it wouldn't make much of a difference? Would it mean much with a better sound sys? Or would it even improve my current speakers?

Thanks for any replies and help, it's much appreciated.

Solution
Hi again,

Pioneer sp-pk52fs are best in this price range (and these are really best in everything even with Lows (Bass).

Not sure about the availability in ur country though.

But if U cant find Pioneer Sp-PK52FS
then u should buy "Energy Take Classic 5.1"

These r identical to Pioneer ones.Nothing to compromise.

These two r best sounding systems so whichever u choose u'll not regret.

One more thing is that Energy Take Classic's r lil cheaper as compared to Pioneers nd going for almost 400$.

Pioneer sp-pk52fs
or
Energy Take Classics 5.1

Rest depends on availability.Good Luck

Thankx

Par Cheema

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013
Hi Malice7,
These speakers are well known for their high-volume output but the drawback is the 2year Warranty (Average 5-Years on other speakers at same price).

But as u said ur an "Audiophile" so u will feel bit lack of quality in these. These still misses the lowest lows means lack of bit of Bass but in Movies only. These are designed to support game consoles (PC aswell), so you can play games with surround sound special effects (as ur gaming taste). Even Good to use with iPhone, iPod to listen to music.
These are good with Games and Music but not with movies (just few). and i think ur ok with this.

As the soundcard, First it makes difference but not much as u say or notice. $100 card may not make u feel ur speaker system great And u really dont need one unless ur Onboard sound is completely terrible.

My advice would be use 100$ to increase ur budget to buy Speaker system. But this ones will get the Job Done Pretty well for ur taste .

Thankx.

malice7

Estimable
Oct 31, 2014

I might consider increasing my budget if a suggested speaker system would be absolutely worth it. Can you suggest speakers that you'd claim as good from 500 bucks?

Par Cheema

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013
Hi again,

Pioneer sp-pk52fs are best in this price range (and these are really best in everything even with Lows (Bass).

Not sure about the availability in ur country though.

But if U cant find Pioneer Sp-PK52FS
then u should buy "Energy Take Classic 5.1"

These r identical to Pioneer ones.Nothing to compromise.

These two r best sounding systems so whichever u choose u'll not regret.

One more thing is that Energy Take Classic's r lil cheaper as compared to Pioneers nd going for almost 400$.

Pioneer sp-pk52fs
or
Energy Take Classics 5.1

Rest depends on availability.Good Luck

Thankx

Solution