What to do-software publisher only supports older version Firefox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATP_1

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2009
I utilise DTS (desktop search) Copernic, & the publisher/developer states that they will only support FF until v7, as there is insufficient demand within the copernic community for FF8+. A number in the community aren't too happy about this.

I don't understand. I currently have FF10.2, & I can still utilise Copernic without too much trouble. It therefore seems to me that I might be required to remove FF10.2 and install FFv7.

Is this right? And can this be done? If so, how would you do this? Have I understood this correctly?

Thanks.

Solution
It's simply because they need something solid to develop against. It's expensive to test against all versions of a browser.

Whilst they say they don't support it, it doesn't mean that later versions won't work. It just means if you call them up and say "x doesn't work" and you aren't using a supported browser version they have no obligation to fix the problem

If it works then I'd just continue using whatever version you like otherwise, as PhilFrisbie suggested, just use another supported browser. It's easy to have multiple browser types installed on the same machine but a little harder to have multiple versions of the same browser.

Rusting In Peace

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
It's simply because they need something solid to develop against. It's expensive to test against all versions of a browser.

Whilst they say they don't support it, it doesn't mean that later versions won't work. It just means if you call them up and say "x doesn't work" and you aren't using a supported browser version they have no obligation to fix the problem

If it works then I'd just continue using whatever version you like otherwise, as PhilFrisbie suggested, just use another supported browser. It's easy to have multiple browser types installed on the same machine but a little harder to have multiple versions of the same browser.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.