What's It Worth?

xkeyscore89

Estimable
Feb 27, 2015
Hi,

I am getting a new laptop that will be delivered Monday and plan to sell my current laptop. The laptop is a Dell Inc. Studio XPS 1640 A153 with the following specs:

Processor:
2.53 gigahertz Intel Core2 Duo
64 kilobyte primary memory cache
3072 kilobyte secondary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (2 total)
Not hyper-threaded

Video Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670

Screen: Wide-screen 16 inch - LED backlit.

HDD: 500GB

RAM: 4GB

Optical Drive: DVD+-RW

Spare battery.

Occasionally, the s, 2, and x, keys don't function (maybe 10% of the time). I'd like to get this fixed before I sell it, but I don't want to have to replace the whole keyboard (maybe it's a software issue?).

Anyways, I might sell it locally on craigslist rather than eBay so I wanted to get some advice. It's in good shape cosmetically, with only a small portion of the silver plastic trim the goes around the frame of the base missing. No scratches or dings to speak of.

I know I can check eBay for similar sales, but I figure these aren't sold everyday on eBay, so I wanted to get some feedback on an appropriate price.

The BIOS indicates it was built in 2009, though I doubt I'll highlight that as a major feature to a potential buyer. :D

Thanks in Advance,
Xkeyscore89

xkeyscore89

Estimable
Feb 27, 2015
I just updated the drivers this morning and I'm happy to announce that it solved the problem. s, 2, x, @ everything works now. I hadn't updated Windows or the Dell drivers in some time. The "s" key is the only key with the cap missing.

What's it worth now?

Zachary Reed

Estimable
Mar 7, 2015

Terribly sorry for the late reply, but I'd say maybe around the 200$ mark at least, that is still a good laptop for someone who would like to do the occasional light-gaming and browsing.