Whats the best digital camera for Youtube videos. Sound a real issue.

PowerSpud

Prominent
Mar 5, 2017
Hi,
I am throwing myself on your mercy and have decided to turn to the experts.
I create Youtube videos and use a Nikon Coolpix camer. The video is great but the issue is that some of my followers have trouble hearing the sound very well. It has a built in microphone. I recently purchased a new camera with an external mic but the sound was actually slightly worse on this one.
Is there a camera that would provide great audio for a few hundred pounds £1-300? Also is it worth using a clip-on microphone to do my videos. My current camera unfortunately does not have a mic port so I am ideally looking for one that does. Thank you.

Solution
In your price range, I would skip it and use your phone. It will do about the same and the quality jump from a good phone to a crappy camera is not much. If you want a simple recommendation other that your phone, try and get a used GoPro.

bjornl

Estimable
In your price range, I would skip it and use your phone. It will do about the same and the quality jump from a good phone to a crappy camera is not much. If you want a simple recommendation other that your phone, try and get a used GoPro.

Solution