When I cut my laptop on it goes straight to startup repair,when I go to restart my computer ,keeps saying the same thing?Can a

harryfishrules

Estimable
Jun 26, 2015
From the sounds of it, it appears your PC is finding an issue during startup and is unable to repair it so just sits there doing nothing.

There's some steps here, if you could follow them carefully, it may help you with your issue (this guide is for Windows 10, if you are running another version of Windows, let me know and don't follow these steps):

There's a Tom's Hardware video here: (http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/faq/id-2569556/safe-mode-windows.html) that shows how to access safe mode when your PC won't boot (it's the second demonstration in the video).

If you follow this and manage to get into safe mode then if you would please follow these steps:

1. Press "Windows + R" at the same time
2. Enter "control wuaucpl.cpl" (without speech marks) followed by enter
3. Windows Update should open
4. Select "Scan for Updates"
5. Install all updates including optional ones

6. Reboot and attempt to boot to the standard desktop
7. If this fails, follow the video again to get back into safe mode. If however, it works, then follow the first part of the video to get into safe mode.

8. Press "Windows + X" at the same time
9. Select “Command Prompt (Admin)”
10. Accept any User Account Control popup for “Windows Command Processor”
11. Enter "sfc /scannow" (without the speech marks) into Command Prompt followed by enter
12. Let the scan complete fully

Inachu

Honorable
Nov 1, 2012
Or if you can not do the above steps then you can download WINDOWS PE ISO and burn it to CD. Not sure if toms hardware allows URL linking but that bootable cd will get you booted into windows and you can then right click your C: drive and run checkdisk from there as well.

One time I rebooted a pc 4 times and each time it was showing the auto repair feature each time but on the 5th boot it let me into windowws.

Might be a good time to run a BIOS diag to make sure your hard drive is not failing its S.M.A.R.T. test

TRENDING THREADS