when i plug a hdmi in my graphics card to the tv it says no signal ?? please help

margoose

Estimable
Aug 13, 2015
I have just recently built a pc and I have done everything right but when I plug a hdmi or vga cable into my pc to a tv it always comes on for a few seconds and then appears saying no signal

Solution
If the video resolution of the PC is too high the TV will not lock onto it after the splash screen ends and the video drivers boot. Connect a monitor to the PC with VGA. Boot it up and then connect the HDMI cable. Set the TV as a 2nd display and the resolution to the native resolution of the TV.
If you get a picture you can set that as your primary display and then disconnect the monitor if you want to.
If the video resolution of the PC is too high the TV will not lock onto it after the splash screen ends and the video drivers boot. Connect a monitor to the PC with VGA. Boot it up and then connect the HDMI cable. Set the TV as a 2nd display and the resolution to the native resolution of the TV.
If you get a picture you can set that as your primary display and then disconnect the monitor if you want to.

Solution