When I turn my sony laptop vaio on and wait for a while i have nothing but black screen. But i can see my hard drive running a

doratapan

Commendable
Aug 3, 2016
When I turn my sony laptop vaio on and wait for a while i have nothing but black screen. But i can see my hard drive running and the power is also on.

I have tried removing the battery and plug and hold power for 60seconds. Sad to say it still acted the same "black screen", i can hear the windows startup and screen can be visible with tourch.

Solution
Hi there doratapan,

Do you hear some beep sounds? Is the laptop under warranty?

Most probably, you will need to look for some professional help here, or contact the manufacturer and RMA it.

One thing you can try is to attach the laptop to a monitor or a TV with a cable. That way, you will see if there is something wrong with the screen.

D_Know_WD :)

D_Know_WD

Estimable
Hi there doratapan,

Do you hear some beep sounds? Is the laptop under warranty?

Most probably, you will need to look for some professional help here, or contact the manufacturer and RMA it.

One thing you can try is to attach the laptop to a monitor or a TV with a cable. That way, you will see if there is something wrong with the screen.

D_Know_WD :)

Solution

carol palmer

Commendable
Aug 25, 2016
remove all power and turn off computer with the power button pressing it down for 30 sec. Unplug AC adpter. Unlock battery socket. Hope your winndows and bios screens are working fine

bharatv_10

Commendable
Oct 15, 2016
I had faced the same problem....

I forced shutdown my Sony VAIO E series VPCEB34EN laptop while windows was installing its updates but when i turned on my laptop, it started as black/blank screen with window sound, i waited for some time. I switched off and on the power button but was facing the same problem again and again. I searched for solution on google and tried lots of thing. Finally, I was able to solve the problem of black/blank screen with " Removing the battery and putting it back in and pressing shift + F8 + Power".

Thanks to Mr. Mir Faisal who had posted this solution on http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-1893710/sony-vaio-turns-black-screen-power-led.html