Max $700, but of course I prefer a much lower price if possible, if those main requirements I posted earlier are met.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Actual size of the notebook itself (thickness etc.) unimportant. Screen size 16-17" would be nice, but would prefer at least 15".
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Doesn't matter. Low resolution will do.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
I'm not using it as replacement for my desktop, but I'll pretty much mostly be using it in my home, so battery life doesn't matter as I'll always have access to a electrical socket.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Won't be playing games.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Simple tasks. Internet surfing, text editing etc.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Not that important. 500 Gb minimum.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Any site is OK, Amazon, eBay sellers.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
As long as possible. My current laptop is 6 years old and only reason I want to buy a new one is because the thing is physically breaking (the plastic hinges between the screen and the base are cracked and screen is difficult to raise up and down).
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD-ROM is enough. Writing capabilities not necessary.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I really have no clue. My current laptop is a Toshiba Satellite which I have been happy with until the thing started breaking. However, it appears all current Toshiba laptops have those horrible chiclet keyboards. I suppose any brand is OK with me.
13. What country do you live in?
I live in Sweden, and while a laptop with Swedish keyboard would be my ideal choice, but the assortment of laptops in Sweden is extremely limited, I pretty much have ruled out the chances of finding one there that meets my other requirements. I am willing to sacrifice a Swedish keyboard in order to get a laptop that has the features I posted earlier. If I find a laptop for sale in the U.S., I have friends there who will let me ship my orders to their addresses and then have them send it to me (usually cheaper than having the store / seller shipping it directly to Sweden).
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I think that's about it. Again, I'm willing to compromise all the above, if my wishes in my original post are fulfilled. Most important is I find a laptop that has the kind of keyboard I like and capable of running Windows 7 (it does not need to come with Windows 7, I already have a license for it, the hardware just need to be compatible with it and Windows 7 drivers must be available).
I am willing to buy a "new old-stock" laptop from a private seller, on the condition that the laptop is new, never opened, never used.