Where can i find the answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Seriously, a mod tells me this, another tells me to glue stuff on my cpu, another says go water cool, while others are like, no go air cool. Which is bad which is good?

little_me

Estimable
May 9, 2015
Cooling solution depends on parts, desired functionality and possibly how noisy it can be.
Air coolers are cheap and most often do the job fine, downside is that if you go with overclocking, the fan might be speeding up and making more noise than you like.
Solutions to that are: Water (it can cool better but also costs more) or better/quieter air cooler (usually costs more) and of course if the case has room for the bigger air coolers or water coolers radiator.
And of course, noise.

So.. as theyeti87 said, more specifics help.
Processor type (Or GPU type if you want to replace graphics cards cooling solution)
will you overclock it (cooler needs to be able to still cool it)
and how much noise are you willing to tolerate
oh and budget too..

G

I know that duh, this is toms hardheaded ware i mean hardware and there are always people who has debates, but im just using this thread to LEARN what is ok and what is not with computers. One guy tells me to glue a heatsink on my heatsink on a heatsink, while another says get a heatsink the size of texas and attatch it on my cpu, while another one is like, no heatsinks dont matter, wattercool yer pc, yayaya its an endless disscssion. With no answer that is not a "maybe"

G

I litterally asked for a way to cool my laptop, and the go, attach a ***** desktop heatsink dud, it gonna be alrigt, well it WONT be i assure you, and overall, i havent heard a single person say something PRACTICAL to my question on the laptop thread i made.

Status
Not open for further replies.