Which browser do you use and why

vesp3r

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2014
Hello guys, Similar to the AV choice I decided to make a browser choice topic too.
Lately Browsers pop up like rabbits (if you know what i mean)
There have been many "independent tests" and alot of arguing with this topic but the best test for me is User`s experience.

So right now Im using a mix of browsers: Chrome for playing online games and listening music on youtube while using other programs on PC, Firefox for safer browsing (not sure how safer it is) and IE for some special cases like online cameras etc.
So which browser do you use and why?

JochemTheGeek

Estimable
Apr 23, 2014
Chrome. Firefox on special occasions.

Chrome is fast, polished and works best with Google's services (which I use a lot). I don't think FireFox is much safer than Chrome, if safer at all. I use Firefox if I need some fancy plugin or if a website won't work properly on Chrome (Which is rarely the case).

I don't use IE anymore. It's the most unsafe of the three, the slowest of the three, and, imo, has the ugliest UI of the three. When Microsoft releases it's new 'Spartan' browser with Windows 10, I'll give that one a shot.

vesp3r

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2014
Well long ago I was lead to believe that Chrome sends information to Google no matter what options you turn on or off and long before Chrome Firefox was the most used browser by the "knowing people" I knew. They all used to say FF give best protection. As for IE, for some reason other browsers wont work correctly with my online dvr broadcasting (not sure if thats the correct saying) and most of the government organizations with which we have dealings have their stuff optimized for IE

BuildingPCs

Estimable
Apr 16, 2015
Hey guys,
I'm using IE since my first PC and I love it. I've never had problems with it.

It has a high security level (especially privacy), is fast (IE starts faster than Firefox on every PC I know) and has a veeery good JavaScript engine. There are Websites with Standard based scripts, which are running perfectly in IE, but not in Safari, Firefox, Chrome, etc..

As a Windows Insider I also use Project Spartan for testing purposes (Yes, I'm also a web developer). It shows pretty good performances, the only things I have to criticize are the JavaScript engine (which is based on some Mozilla Technologies (those who brought the Firefox to us)) and the fact that it is running in the Windows app container, which sometimes makes problems.

Okay, I don't want to make this an advertisment, but here are some results of "independent tests" (I don't know how independent they actually are):
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/ie-proof

GreenLionNet

Estimable
Apr 7, 2015
I use Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome both. But I find Mozilla firebox the best one to use. Also you get various plugins which can save our much of the time.