Which camera will take detail images

Niting

Commendable
Apr 16, 2016
Hii.. i want to buy a camera my 1st one. I loved two cameras
1-sony a58 (mirrorless)
2-sony hx400v(P&S)
I just wanted which out of this is capable of taking detail, good quality images. Please help.

Solution

DESELECTED BY REQUEST OF THE THREAD AUTHOR

You can set it to auto mode (camera controls exposure, autofocus, etc), but most lenses will NOT automatically zoom for you. If you want power zoom, you'll have to shell out for something like http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1082051-REG/sony_selp28135g_e_pz_28_135mm_f_4.html (and the sony e mount to a mount adapter, which is another $500+)

As for bjornl, the camera is indeed classified as a mirrorless camera, since it does not have an optical viewfinder.
You will be the limiting factor for both. If you plan on learning photography, go with an SLR, or at least mirrorless with full manual control. If you don't care to learn the difference between DoF and blur, just get the cheaper point and shoot

bjornl

Estimable

Between the two you listed, the Sony a58 can give much better results. Put a decent lens on it, learn how to use it (use good technique) and you will be very pleased with the results.

The sony hx400v is called a bridge camera. It offers a large zoom range which means not a very good lens and it has a very small sensor which also limits the quality.

The Sony a58 is not really a mirrorless. It has a mirror, but it is mostly clear. This is called an SLT. Look at Sony A-mount lenses to use on it.

Since you prefer Sony, also consider the Sony e6300. It is not a SLR looking body (like the two you mentioned), but it has a newer sensor and is getting more of the newest lenses from Sony. This one uses E-mount lenses/

DESELECTED BY REQUEST OF THE THREAD AUTHOR

You can set it to auto mode (camera controls exposure, autofocus, etc), but most lenses will NOT automatically zoom for you. If you want power zoom, you'll have to shell out for something like http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1082051-REG/sony_selp28135g_e_pz_28_135mm_f_4.html (and the sony e mount to a mount adapter, which is another $500+)

As for bjornl, the camera is indeed classified as a mirrorless camera, since it does not have an optical viewfinder.

Solution