Which Headset Should I Get: DXL1 or Fatal1ty

icu222much

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2009
I have a chance to get either a Turtle Beach DXL1 or Creative Fatal1ty headset for the same price ($35) and am unsure which one I should get. I see that normally the DXL1 is about twice the price of Fatal1ty, but I looked at the reviews for DXL1 and people are complaining about the flimsy construction and sound quality. I am unsure if they are basing this off a $100 product, or if the quality is really that poor.

My uses would be for PC. If I purchase the DXL1, I will also get the necessary adapters to make it work. My main use for my headset is gaming (mainly FPS) while talking with friends on Vent. My secondary use would be for watching movies. Comfort is not an issue for me as I have yet to find a non-comfy headset.

So, my question is which headset should I get and why. Turtle Beach DXL1 or the Creative Fatal1ty provided that they are the same price.

Solution
Get the Turtle Beach. I was actually just Helping someone out with their issues with the Fatal1ty. Their are lots of issues with that headset. My friends brother has the DXL1, and its good for them. I personally dont like either, but if i had to choose id say get the Turtle Beach. If you wanted a completely different brand headset which are really good, Id get the Sentey Soniq Boom SP, it's also 35 dollars, and sSntey is one of those not so well known companies that make stellar products. I actually just ordered their highest end Headset the Harmoniq Pro.

Sentey Soniq Boom: http://goo.gl/OrgImf

SharpHD

Estimable
Jul 24, 2014
Get the Turtle Beach. I was actually just Helping someone out with their issues with the Fatal1ty. Their are lots of issues with that headset. My friends brother has the DXL1, and its good for them. I personally dont like either, but if i had to choose id say get the Turtle Beach. If you wanted a completely different brand headset which are really good, Id get the Sentey Soniq Boom SP, it's also 35 dollars, and sSntey is one of those not so well known companies that make stellar products. I actually just ordered their highest end Headset the Harmoniq Pro.

Sentey Soniq Boom: http://goo.gl/OrgImf

Solution