Which of my laptop part is degrading the performance?

prangupta92

Prominent
Aug 13, 2017
I have a dell laptop i5-2450m , 4gb, 500gb, no graphic card except the inbuilt with the processor. Overclocking is disabled.
I have been trying to run the Fifa 2011, which i think should run fine on my current configuration, but it is lagging. So while running Fifa i found the CPU utilization reaches high as 96%, temperature reaches max 97C, CPU freq as high as 3.03G, memory utilization 2488MB, Graphics TDP 18W.
What can be issue to improve the performance?

Solution
To be honest, as you're on a laptop, your options both cooling and upgrade wise are very limited. If this was my laptop, I would probably open it up, make sure to thoroughly clean out the fan and the fan grille, and also re-mount the cpu cooler and change the thermal paste. Also I would make sure that whatever openings your laptop uses to suck cool air in are well off the ground (are not covered in any way). If they're on the bottom, this might mean elevating your laptop a bit, without covering the vents.
Otherwise, an external gpu solution might be an option? As long as it fits the cpu so that the cpu doesn't bottleneck its performance.

Sedivy

Commendable
Dec 17, 2016
To be honest, as you're on a laptop, your options both cooling and upgrade wise are very limited. If this was my laptop, I would probably open it up, make sure to thoroughly clean out the fan and the fan grille, and also re-mount the cpu cooler and change the thermal paste. Also I would make sure that whatever openings your laptop uses to suck cool air in are well off the ground (are not covered in any way). If they're on the bottom, this might mean elevating your laptop a bit, without covering the vents.
Otherwise, an external gpu solution might be an option? As long as it fits the cpu so that the cpu doesn't bottleneck its performance.

Solution