Which one to get for Sims 4

Risingunicorn

Estimable
Jul 16, 2015
I have been looking at a few laptops and all. I was wondering out of these few, which should I get. I will only be playing the sims 4. So no other gaming then that.

HP - Pavilion 15.6" Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 6GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Natural Silver/Ash Silver

Toshiba - Satellite 14" Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i5 - 8GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Satin Gold

Asus - 15.6" Laptop - AMD A10-Series - 8GB Memory - 1TB Hard Drive - Gray

Asus - 15.6" Laptop - Intel Core i3 Processor - 6GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive - Matte Black

Please and Thank you!

Solution

Video / Graphic / 3d card are the same thing they're called GPU do all the graphic processing inside your pc there two types of graphic cards one is dedicated discrete one which has it's own dedicated v-ram / video memory GDDR3/GDDR5 it takes the load off your cpu onto itself & it's v-ram takes the load off your ram onto itself is used for editing & to play video...

Traciatim

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
Do any of these have an actual dedicated video card? If not, I would go for the A10 since it's on board video should be quite a bit better than most of the Intel offerings. Otherwise, whichever one has the best video card.

Risingunicorn

Estimable
Jul 16, 2015

I'm quite new to all this. So what is a video card? And how do you find out which one was the best?

I'm probably going to get the A10.

3hunna

Honorable
May 15, 2013

Video / Graphic / 3d card are the same thing they're called GPU do all the graphic processing inside your pc there two types of graphic cards one is dedicated discrete one which has it's own dedicated v-ram / video memory GDDR3/GDDR5 it takes the load off your cpu onto itself & it's v-ram takes the load off your ram onto itself is used for editing & to play video games with good settings & resolution , the built in / onboard one it's a graphic chipset which doesn't got it's own dedicated memory it shares memory with your computer ram & uses your cpu to do all the graphic processing inside in your pc ( They lack of 3D algorithms which are needed for gaming ) you can watch HD movies & play video games that are not demanding with the built in vga , They're two types of built in vgas for Intel it's called IGP & for Amd it's called Apu , Amd's Apu's are better than Intel's IGPs but Intel's processors are better than Amd's cpu's so if you're getting an Intel processor make sure it got a dedicated graphic card of Nvidia , Intel + Nvidia are better than Amd + Amd radeon

Solution

Traciatim

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006

A video card is just a separate device specifically designed to run your screen and make games faster. It would be listed in the spec sheet of the laptop as either a GPU, discrete video, or video card. Usually gaming laptops will have them to ensure games run well at higher resolutions, but because it's another processor that generates heat it needs it's own cooling system and the laptop needs a larger battery to last as long so these laptops tend to be large, heavy, and/or expensive.

Not knowing the specific models of the laptops, processors in them, or the other components. From the list you provided I would personally pick the A10 since it would probably perform the best for most gaming scenarios.