Nemigen

Estimable
Jun 3, 2015
Hey! I can not decide between these laptops.
Two ASUS: The main difference is:

#1 Intel i3 5010U with nVidia GeForce® 940M 2GB DDR3

#2 intel i5 5200U with nVidia GeForce® GT 920M 2GB GDDR3

I mainly use it for surfing on the net, watching movies, but I like to play LoL and sometimes try out new games if I have enough freetime. I would use this laptop for about 3 years.

Solution
For gaming in general I would go with the Core i3 + 940m laptop. Most games are limited by the GPU rather than the CPU so you will get better performance with a weaker CPU and stronger GPU most of the time. LoL is a graphically non-intensive game so you can even play it with the integrated Intel HD 5500 graphics core.

senseijtitus

Estimable
Apr 13, 2015
Go for the second one with Intel i5 5200U. Better processor although lower ranking GPU. Since you are not going to play extremely graphic intensive games, you can still use that GPU wile having a better CPU at its core.

For gaming in general I would go with the Core i3 + 940m laptop. Most games are limited by the GPU rather than the CPU so you will get better performance with a weaker CPU and stronger GPU most of the time. LoL is a graphically non-intensive game so you can even play it with the integrated Intel HD 5500 graphics core.

Solution