Which video editing software is suitable for my PC specs?

Newuser34

Estimable
May 13, 2015
Hi I am a student who can't afford to buy a new high powered pc but wanting to get back into video editing. I used to use Serif MoviePlus 4.0 when I was younger but it feels a bit redundant now.
The specs on my pc are as follows:
Processor - AMD A8-4500M APU with radeon (tm) HD Graphics 1.90 GHz
Installed memory (RAM) - 6.00GB (5.46 usable)
System type: 64 bit OS, x64-based processor

I don't know a lot about computers and video editing so not looking for top of the range just some software that has plenty of editing of options, relatively easy to use, compatibility with HD and a variety of video formats.

Thanks
J

ComputerWhiz305

Estimable
Jun 25, 2014
I have a few suggestions, all of which are free:

VSDC Video Editor - Not many people know about this software. It is free and really powerful.
    Lightworks - This is the most powerful editing software I can find that is free. It is free, with the option of a premium upgrade. This is the top-of-the-line software that the professionals use and I think that it has been used in some really movie productions.
    Blender - Many people think of Blender as a 3D imaging software. However, it has a game engine and video editor too. This is an opensource software and will never cost you a penny.

Ima Nuone

Estimable
May 29, 2015

Ima Nuone

Estimable
May 29, 2015
You neglected to mention what brand computer you have. I have a five year old HP desktop with very similar specs. That came with several video editing programs installed. Windows Live Movie Maker and Windows Media Smart. I use both. For me, Media smart's editing program is the easier to use. I burn my videos using either movie maker or Cyberlink .